Got the job!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
So is it pathetic that I went out and got another job to fund my boat mod? :wink:

With the way things are in MI, its been tough finding a job as a college kid. Hard to compete against 40 year old men with 25 years of experience.. I've been in and out of work for 3 years now, each time getting laid off, because each cleaning company I work for ends up being on the ***-end of budget cuts.

Went for an interview today, and nailed it! Unfortunately, its still in the janitorial field :lol:

There is an upside though. Turns out I'll be cleaning the village offices and police department of my home town, and I'm in school for sociology w/ criminal justice focus, with hopes of being a conservation officer. The DNR is bleeding money right now though, so I'm already falling back on plan B, the family business of policing 8) . Both my parents are cops, and it looks like I'll be following in their foot steps.

While the janitorial job at a P.D. isn't exactly my career pathway, it sure won't hurt when it comes time for an internship! :wink:

Sorry, just had to post and let you guys know, there is still work out there.. :lol:

Congrats ----- LE is a good profession (if you don't mind low pay and just working for the satisfaction of helping people and doing a service to the public) :) I retired after 30 plus years and don't regret a day of it. Good luck with your testing and maing the eligibility list - don't get discouraged if you don't make at first - keep trying.....

=D> =D> Congrats. I'm glad to see you out there looking to make the $$ to fund your mod.

Keep Charging.

Doug

Congrats on the job!

In todays world, I have found out quickly by going from an assembly plant manager to the job I have now, Its not the job you have, its that you have a job!

As for career selection, As my old man told me before he left this world. "It doesnt matter what your job is, as long as it is honest work, you have to hang your head to no one."

Keep the faith and follow your heart.

Congrats....At least you have the interest to do the RIGHT thing. You will be on the RIGHT side of the law. To many people today look for entitlements and not a path to be self sufficient. Keep the faith as YOU WILL SUCCEED in life.

Frank

If you do get into LE, give me the heads up so I know when its safe to tow my tin though Lake O doing 20 over :D

Congrats on the job. I wouldnt say its pathetic at all. I'm fixing to make a major career change that will require me to work two jobs for a while. I'm burned out on driving across this great country so I'm gonna try to get back into manufacturing of some kind and get a p/t job at Academy to pay the bills. Of course the discount on fishing gear wont be bad either.

I know I'm late to the party but I wanted to say that you are already miles ahead of so many other young guys (and gals) today because you're willing to take a job that you don't necessarily want in order to have a job. Then you can figure out what you want to do as you grow up! :D :D

I've heard so many kids today say, "I want a job but I'm never going to do this or that, or whatever!" so they sit on their butts playing video games and letting mommy and daddy feed 'em and clothe 'em through their 20's and into their 30's. You'll do fine dyeguy, because you're not afraid to work!

Congrats on the new job!

Mike

Latest posts