Yes or No?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Is this cool or no?

2011-CanAm-Spyder-Roadster.jpg

br_Can-AmSpyderRoadster_1lg.jpg

2010spyderrt.jpg

I bet that thing would rids ruff I believe you could fell every pot hole not sure I world like it.

In my younger days I have a KZ-1300 full dress and I loved it (I and the wife put 90,000 miles on it).

I have ridden those a few times and they are pretty neat. Relatively fast but a little weird at first in the twisties. Biggest downfall is the traction control. You could safely drift the heck out of those things. All in all they are a little different but very cool.

IMO they don't look all that cool. Kinda strange looking.

I'm sure they are a blast to ride. But I can definately picture true motorcycle enthusiasts making fun of them.

But as others have said I just don't have the money to think about something so impractical and expensive as that.

No its not cool but, I never did like the trikes either :lol:

Or the unicycle :lol:

Now if ya give it to me, I'd like it :mrgreen:

Jim,
Can-Am I think they are called. I have a couple of friends that bought them and they love em. The design is very stable and they corner so much better than say a trike. And I'll be the first to say the trike's scare the crap out of me. All it took was for one of the back wheels to lift going through a curve and I was done with them. I'm just too old and beat up to ride anymore.

One of these was my first motorcycle :) Oh so many years ago.

As far as the CanAm Goldwing cross thingy... as long as my two legs work, motorcycles are supposed to have two wheels and two wheels only. That said, it does look kind of cool.

Jim said:
I want one of these really bad!

CT70-1.jpg

If I was old and wanted to ride from Florida to Cali then it would be cool. But neither apply to me. And now that I get to thinking about it, it still wouldnt be cool. However it would be comfortable. And there come that point in everyone's life when you trade in cool for functionality and comfort. ex: minivans are not cool but some people cant justify having anything else. So auto makers try to make them as cool as possible and I've seen some pretty neat minivans without a doubt but at the end of the day it's still a minivan.

Bought my first Harley in 1967 when I was 15.
P1020171.JPG

I owned a trike for a couple years in the late 70's, wasn't crazy about it, found it short on power. Still own and ride a Harley. All that said, i work with a couple guys that have Can-Ams, they both love 'em. To each his own, I guess.

I've been told by a rider that they are difficult to maneuver in a parking lot if you want to back up. Similar to the traditional 3 wheel bike. Kind of neat though to see pass you by.

I think they're pretty cool and I wouldn't mind having one.

I've had enough squirrely moments on my bike around town due to gravel and oil on the road that I realy wouldn't mind the extra stability the Can-Am provides. I love the sound and power of a nice powerful crotch rocket but I hate the riding position (and I'm sure I would get real stupid on one and hurt myself, ha-ha), so the Can-Am would be a much better fit for me.

Seems like it would be a lot nicer too when you have a passenger on the back.

Latest posts