Got a care package from home...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVOMike86

Reaction score
So yesterday I got my first care package from my Wife since I've been in Afghanistan. I've been here for 5 months, but just recently got to a place that I would be at long enough to receive mail. I talked to her a couple weeks ago when I first got here and told her about a couple things I needed and she said she would send them out. I get the package yesterday and it's got easily twice the amount of stuff I asked for. :) Including a couple issues of Bassmasster and Popular Mechanics. Double:). So she apparently has written me a letter for every month I've been out here, and at the end of the one for September (my birthday month), she puts, and I quote, "I promise we'll celebrate your birthday when you get home, and we'll get whatever you need for the boat!!". Right away, everything that was said in the letters was drowned out by the last part of that "quote".:) She knows I need a trolling motor, fish finder, and carpet. This morning I talked to her on Facebook, and told her I'm gonna hold her to it. She responds with "I wrote that latter long before I found out the trolling motor you wanted was $1000" :roll: Yeah, we'll see about that...

It's good to see our troops in good spirits! God bless for your service!

Sounds like you got a keeper for sure! Throw in some new rod's maybe it'll slide passed her with that 1k dollar trolling motor and she wont know

That's a pretty good care pkg, Mike!

One of my brothers is over there, and we consolidate stuff from the family when he is sent care pkgs. His favorite thing that he always wants are the indiivdual Starbucks ice coffee packets, so we usually send him a pretty good supply. I recall a care pkg I rece'd while deplyed to the Mediterranean back in '75. It started-out as 12 dozen home made cookies, but the time they arrived it was a box of 12 dozen cookie crumbs...................................but we ate 'em anyway, lol.

I have an 04 model HB Piranha max xx I'm not using. It worked when I took it off my boat this past spring and have all the related wiring/ducer I would be willing to donate to the cause. PM me if you're interested.

Care packages are great. Amazon sends them to me all the time now too :D And they're EXACTLY what I want. :lol: Thanks for the support guys, and TNT, that would be awesome...

Latest posts