Camping Tools

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of my exes bought me this Gerber years back..

3009.jpg

i use it for everything when im out camping..

my k bar and my buck 110 go with me camping,fishing,and hiking.i've had my buck for 30 years now.best knife ever.i have so much camping gear i couldn't begin to list it all.i'm planning my month long trip now.

Attachments

• IMG_0001_0229.jpg
    IMG_0001_0229.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 852
I hear ya on the gear. I have enough to outfit a small Marine unit. :mrgreen:

I'm up to 4 tents, 5 if you count my tarp tent I use the most.
3 backapcks.
Couple of stoves, 3 lanterns, half a dozen canteens, and the list goes on and on.

I have gear for backpacking to car camping from a day to a month.

My biggest problem right now is paring down the list for boat camping.
My boat camping list goes like this.
Dining fly - actually its a 10'x20' portable carport.
Tent- been using a 11'x11' with awning lately when the dogs go, no dogs no tent. I sleep under the dining fly.
Camp Chair,
Cot with self inflator mattress and sleeping bag with down pillow.
Firewood,
the "kitchen",
Cooler,
Dry goods container.
Takes about 2hrs to set-up and an hour to tear down.

Attachments

• DSCF1996.JPG
    DSCF1996.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 844
  • DSCF1956.JPG
    DSCF1956.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 844
the gerbers/leatherman tools are in every vehicle I own, great to have also https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JQ5YJ6/ref=asc_df_B001JQ5YJ62008401?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B001JQ5YJ6&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13790715091639922901&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt= I've aquired a few of these over the last 12 years and always have on in the truck, boat and quad

This would be my most important piece of camping equipment, I can leave a lot of items behind but if I forget this my trip would be ruined.

Anyone know what it is, or use one?

IMAG0105.jpg

Oh yes I do.
I have one I made from a 9" pie tin.
Been known to bake everything from muffins to brownies, hmm, hmm, good.

Nice piece of gear. =D>

Here is one of my favorite things for camping...

P6070398.jpg

KLR650 ....sometimes its how you get there...btw this was in the middle of the Yukon Teritory

P9040212.jpg

This one gets me there sometimes too. This is Ontario

devilmutt said:
This would be my most important piece of camping equipment, I can leave a lot of items behind but if I forget this my trip would be ruined.

Anyone know what it is, or use one?

IMAG0105.jpg

I just watched the video on this gadget.....got to have one....I bet it makes killer omelets.

It looks cool I admit...but my biggest problem with it is the melted plastic you ingest when you cook in it. You have to be heating that bag up enough to get something off of it....it may cook well but I am not so sure I like the bag thing. :?

i can honestly say i've never not been able to make a fire even in deep snow.my boat camping gear is a stove , folding cot, speeping bag, tarp, and a 15" cast iron frypan ive had for at least 25 years.

bcbouy said:
i can honestly say i've never not been able to make a fire even in deep snow.my boat camping gear is a stove , folding cot, speeping bag, tarp, and a 15" cast iron frypan ive had for at least 25 years.

Me either... :mrgreen:

me either. :mrgreen:

I gave up the cotton balls for something more durable and more productive.
Fiber egg cartons filled with wood chips (not sawdust, too compact) and covered in wax. Break off a egg crate and put a match to it. Burns similar to a candle, just hotter and a bigger flame. It replaces the tinder, you still need kindling and up.

Yes, getting there is half the fun. Even with blisters.
I picked that blister up within the first 10 miles on the first day. Did the next 40+ miles in the next 4 days without any problems.

Blue tarp is my shelter for the week.

Steak on my backpack stove.

Attachments

• delete later 076.jpg
    delete later 076.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 221
  • delete later 089.jpg
    delete later 089.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 221
  • delete later 079.jpg
    delete later 079.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 220
Hanr3 said:
me either. :mrgreen:

I gave up the cotton balls for something more durable and more productive.
Fiber egg cartons filled with wood chips (not sawdust, too compact) and covered in wax. Break off a egg crate and put a match to it. Burns similar to a candle, just hotter and a bigger flame. It replaces the tinder, you still need kindling and up.

Yes, getting there is half the fun. Even with blisters.
I picked that blister up within the first 10 miles on the first day. Did the next 40+ miles in the next 4 days without any problems.

Blue tarp is my shelter for the week.

Steak on my backpack stove.

Yes there are better ways to start a fire, but none as light as cotton balls!! When I'm hiking I'm upset if I have 25lbs on my back fully loaded with water. That tarp is actually pretty heavy vs. new lightweight tents.

Sorry about the blister, stop wearing boots!! A pound on the feet is five in the pack :)

Latest posts