I want a Motorcycle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWEBIGJON

Reaction score
I use to ride when I was alot younger and would like to have another motorcycle before I go..my wife thinks I'm nuts..I am 55

Welcome to mid-life! I went through the same thing a couple of years ago, had the bug bad, then I got rear-ended in my truck. Totaled the truck, but I was OK. Had to think "what if I had been on a bike?". But the main reason is that my equilibrium ain't what it used to be, and the reflexes have slowed a bit between 25 and 55 too! I still want another bike, but it don't look like it is in the cards. If you still have the reflexes and good health, I say go for it!

Just go get one.I love it. I too rode as a youngster. Had been wanting one for years . Three years ago I went out and bought a VN750 and I have not regretted it.I love riding this bike ! I bought this bike because it was a great deal. I knew nothing about Vulcans but its been a great bike.It is butt ugly but fast ! I now ride it everywhere I go unless I need to haul something or pull my boat. Greatest feeling ever when on the road and I am 61 years young.Did I say I love it ? :p

Ah yes, the midlife crisis. I can relate. I've been a gear head all my life and had a few hot rods when I was younger, then marriage, kid, divorce, etc. took over. After son finished college (actually just about to graduate) I opened the wallet and bought a turn key 67 Mustang with all the goodies! I eventually got over the crisis two years ago and have now bought a used van for a tow vehicle. I still get that itch once in awhile to row a four speed but old age reminds me otherwise,

Have fun and be safe!

I've been riding most of my life (14-59), and can't imagine the day when I quit. I drove my current ride (KZ 1000) off the showroom floor of a TX dealer in 1981 and have been riding it every since. The antique tags are permanent with no yearly fee, the mpg is great (42), and the insurance on an old guy with an old motorcycle is very inexpensive ($90 yearly for state minimums). So come on in, the waters fine.

Final006.jpg

I have a 2000 HD RK I can put u on in no time. Almost showroom condition. Bike fever can be a bad thing to catch, but is usually fun as well.

I have rode bikes off and on since I were a kid. Couple years ago I got lucky and the neighbor bought a Harley. So I bought his. Ride a lot. Heck at 50 mpg why not :D

I say do it.

Lonny

Attachments

• RightsideBig-2.jpg
    RightsideBig-2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 545
I have been riding for 22 years, I have always had 1-2 two wheeled vehicles in the garage since ny first ride. I finally got another street bike in '08. Had o.e in highschool bit with gas prices I had to do something as I was driving 125 miles a day. My sportster paid for itself. If I drove it ten days a month it made its own payment. Still ride dirt on a '04 KTM 200EXC.

Attachments

• p_00022.jpg
    p_00022.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 528
lovedr79 said:
I get 56 mpg.
Along with technology, came advances in gas engines that improved HP as well as MPG through the years. My bike will still break the 120mph barrier without straining, so I've got more HP than I need, and I haven't had to make a motorcycle payment in 28 years, and that makes up for a whole lot of mpg difference. :lol:

:USA1: I am 66 years young. I have not ben without a HD for 50 years. Now ride a 73 FLH Police bike. Go for it my wife started riding at 55. :lol:

One other thing:

You would almost have to work at it to buy a bad cycle these days.

I've still got two old airhead BMWs in the shed, and a universal japanese motorcycle, i.e., a Yamaha Radian, tricked out as a John Deere. :) Six hundred ccs of satisfaction and smiles.

There may be a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course near you. I heartily recommend it. Very inexpensive, THEY supply bikes, and you get 10% off on your insurance bill. Worth a look, even if you have to travel a bit. There's a lot of knowledge, experience, and wisdom to be gained in a week-end's worth of training.

Be safe.

Do it. You'll love it.

I parked my bikes when my daughter was born, when she turned 18, I pulled them out from under their tarps, went through them and replaced the rubber.

been riding since i was old enough for a liscense. i can't imagine not having at least one bike in the garage.

Go for it.
Just a few thoughts to ponder:

recommend the motorcycle safety course, never hurts for the skill set refreshment.
Dress for the crash, not the ride.
GEAR, GEAR, GEAR, GEAR!!

There are a lot of distractions for cage'rs now days when on the highways, that raises the odds of being bit.

Dirt bikes have taken their toll on me at an early age putting me more time on the pavement. Been bounced off the tarmac one to many times. Went to a dual sport 2tracking and trail riding, my last incidence left me maimed. My riding days are now over, I'm your age.

One bike left in the stable, 75 Honda cb750. It is for sale by the way :cry:

Oh well, back to quick cars and quick boats, got to die doing something. I sure as heck do not want to it sleeping!!

Been riding bikes since I was 15, now 55, current ride is a vt1100 honda sabre
42000 miles on this bike, 38000 on the last bike, a goldwing.
45 mpg don't hurt either.
Tim

Attachments

• sabre right front.jpg
    sabre right front.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 132

Latest posts