Tire Rack?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of tires for my wife's truck from Tire Rack. Expected delivery is Mon/Tues. Their price, including shipping was cheaper than the Navy Exchange price (where they charge no sales tax).

Anyone have any experience with Tire Rack either postitive or negative?

I have used them once, they seem to have very good prices. You can really make out if you have a friend in the tire business that will put them on and balance them for a case of beer......... :lol:

bigwave said:
I have used them once, they seem to have very good prices. You can really make out if you have a friend in the tire business that will put them on and balance them for a case of beer......... :lol:

Navy Exchange mounts and Balances for $10.0 a wheel. Customer has to put them on and off the vehicle but they provide a lift and all the tools.

:twisted: Check the date of manufacture on each tire. Although they are "NEW" they could have been sitting on the shelf for many years. As of now, most manufactures do not recommened using tires over 6 years old, even if they are new. Check the internet for info.

Having an RV, I'm very much aware about tire date codes and tire age issues. I had asked for tires less than 6 months old but they called and said they do not have any way to know the tire age in their data base. I ordered a very popular Michelin tire so hopefully they won't be that old. Plus we put a lot of miles on the truck each year, they will never live to 6 years before they need replacing again, IF we keep the 2003 truck that long.

I buy ALL my tires from Tire Rack nowdays. Tires for the truck and van(235/75R15 extra duty) are around $150ea mounted and balanced,at the chain tire dealers. With shipping they are about $100 each from the Rack. Car tires are even cheaper. It also pays to have mounting and balancing equipment in my garage. So I save around $200 per set. They ship here in 3 days or less.

My son buys tires from Tire Rack for his NSX only because no one around offers these specialty tires for a good price.

I buy my tires from a local tire store that gives a really good "cash" discount. 8)

Tires received on time and in good condition. Date codes - three were 0912 (last week in Feb) and one was 2012(3rd week in May). All less than 6 months old. just need to take them to the NEX Saturday to get them mounted and balanced.

Will use them again for my next purchase.

We've used them a bunch of times, and have always been very pleased with them. Ordered a set of 4 from them last week, and they arrived about 18 hours after ordering.

Seeing as we can mount and balance at my dad's shop, their prices, especially when they run rebates and specials, are quite good.

not ment for a plug,,,but; I have bought several sets from tire rack. I do work with in 2 miles of them and I find it very convenient.

I have purchased tires from tire rack and had them mounted and balanced at discount tire because I do not want to wait for them to be ordered from discount and tire rack was not open on Saturdays..

My only complaint is, tire rack will not rebalanced a tire, even if you bring it in off the vehicle. Unless you have the road hazard and they have to fix it. They do have very good quality of service.

I was upset when having a set of rims and tires mounted at discount tires watching the monkeys sliding $900 rims across the concrete.

I do balance my purchase from discount tires and tire rack, one thing I will say; discount tire will take my tire in on repair, fix and re-balance it with no questions ask for free.

I've used Tire Rack personally and also maintaned a commercial account for a few years.

For good to great rim/tire combos, they can't be beat.

For oddball sized tires, they're pretty good. That's just based on they have something in every size. Not that it's cheap...Not that there's a real selection...

I could care less for their selection and pricing. Better deals can be found locally. I dropped the account when their wholesale pricing got so lousy that there was no room for profit.

Latest posts