Anyone interested in offshore fishing out of Hatteras June 1

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
We had a couple of last minute cancellations and now have 2 spots available on a charter out of Cape Hatteras on June 1st. I know it's last minute, but if anyone within driving distance is interested shoot me a message for more details.

How'd the fishing trip go? A buddy of mine was there last week, out of teachers lair they were catching cobia and garter dolphins.

Sorry for the late response. Things are crazy when you have class 3 nights a week.

We had a great day. We went out of Hatteras Harbor Marina. Started trolling and caught 3 gaffer dolphin quick before that bite just died off. The captain gave us the option to continue trolling or deep drop for Golden Tiles and we chose the latter. We wanted to catch fish. As we were trolling over to the spot to deep drop we had a white marlin show up in our spread, took all the bait, but never hooked up. We then dropped down to 1000 feet and proceeded to pull up a limit of golden tiles, blackbelly rosefish and a few other species. The two biggest tiles were over 35lbs and beasts to pull up. With no electric reels, we rotated reeling the fish up each time. It seemed like it took 5 minutes for the 5lb weight to reach the bottom and 20 mins+ to reel the fish back up. One of the guys challenged me to bring reel the entire way up. I brought it up maybe 400 feet before having to give way to someone else. Little did I know that the biggest golden tile (38lbs), the 3rd biggest golden tile and 2 blackbelly rosefish were apart of this deal. Once we hard our limit we headed to 300-400' to drift for black sea bass, since it was the opening day. We caught a lot of sea bass along with vermilion snapper, some oyster toads, trigger fish and a few others. For the day we caught around 15 different species. We had around 300lbs of fish and ended up having a great trip. The link below shows most of the pics we took. We really didn't take too many since we were too busy reeling or too busy resting in between reeling.

By the way, for anyone interested, we went out on the Gambler and would recommend that capt for anyone. Ted, the mate, was probably the best mate we've ever had. He was on point, and he literally called the capt. Gambler.

https://gamblerweekend.shutterfly.com/

yup! you were at hatteras. we do the same thing. head out and troll un til the bite stops then start dropping lots of weight to the bottom. then try to get your catch up before the sharks get it! glad yall had fun and a good trip. we usually go out of Teach's Lair, my buddy has a 33' grady that we fish.

Latest posts