Buying a house...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
My wife and I are moving onto the next step of our lives (married June 2nd of last year). We have been renting an apartment in St. Charles, MO for a year now. Our lease was coming up at the end of August and I was tired of paying a monthly rent that went to nothing.

We looked at a few houses back over on the Illinois side but didn't find anything we liked. Well a guy that my wife works with mentioned the place that he lived had some houses for sale in our price range and the area was nice. We drove out there and looked at the area and fell in love with it. We both grew up in Southern Illinois so we are not very big city people. We contacted our real estate agent and he set up a few listings for us out there. We looked at 3 houses and fell in love with the very 1st one we looked at (but of course we had to look at the other 2 to see what they were like). The house was listed on May 22 and we put an offer in on May 28th. After a little bit of haggling we signed the contract on our first house! We are set to close on August 22.

The area is a subdivision outside of Foristell, MO called Incline Village. It is built around a 220 acre lake. There is also a golf course, tennis courts, and a pool. The house is 4 bed/3 bath with a full finished basement (the wife says i can turn that into my man cave). It sits on top of a hill that over looks the lake a few hundred yards below.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 806
I'm sure for the first little bit the honey do list will be quite large! But I'll find some time to do some fishing!

On a positive note...(I had to sell my boat this past spring because we moved and had nowhere to store it) but we took a drive out to the house on Saturday and as we were driving around my wife turns to me and says "I wish you could have kept your boat. there is no way we can live this close to a lake and not have a boat"! So this winter after we are all settled in, the search for a boat will commence!

Here is a picture of the back of the house from down near the lake.
image.jpg

And here is a picture of part of the lake/golf course from the pool area.
image.jpg

With what seems to be frequent News Stories of once-in-a-hundred-years floods, a
house on a hill seems to be an excellent choice.

I hope you have a long, happy and productive life there.

Congratulations. =D>

Awsomw place buddy. I baught my first house at the beginning of the year. Its a proud accomishment, start saving your $$$ it goes fast

Congrats! I work in the mortgage business and I'll tell you that getting folks into their first home makes my day. I'm genuinely happy for you and wish you the best success and years of growth and prosperity in your new home.

Latest posts