I am going to retire.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillhunter

Staff member
Reaction score
After working full time, including 4 years in the military, for the past 45 years I have decided that the wife and I need to spend more time with our family and fishing, so I am going to retire at the end of the month. I wonder what it will be like fishing when ever I want? :LOL2:

I'll tell you what it would be like, it would be sweet! Congrats on retirement.

Congrats!!

I'm also counting down the days to my retirement...
only another 10,366 to go! :p

Retire and spend ALL of it before Obama spends it (or gives it away) for you!

I am not retired but am self employed at age 52. My business has collapsed over the last four years with this economy and now usually only work about a half a day each day. I could not be happier and now long to be able to retire. Not going to happen anytime soon but I could sure get use to it. I have seen so many retire, get bored, and go back to work. I know that will not be me :D

Congratulations, you won't regret it!

I retired four years ahead of what I had planned. A good financial planner is pretty much a must these days unless the lottery is your friend. You'll find that you will be busier than you thought doing all the things you meant to do during your working career.

Happy retirement and tight lines!

Thanks everyone! We plan on moving to North Carolina where our kids and grandchildren are. I want to to be able to take my grandsons fishing more than a couple times a year.

Latest posts