Hobbies

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
Canoeman

Hobbies

Post by Canoeman »

I Disc Golf a lot in my free time

S&MFISH

Hobbies

Post by S&MFISH »

Canoeman » 10 minutes ago wrote:I Disc Golf a lot in my free time

I have not played Disc golf since the '80s. We used to play every week. But got away from it when I moved from the area.Should give it a try again. The only problem is I would be doing it by myself,since two of our usual foursome are deceased and one has moved out of state.
ANOTHER ONE OF THE "JET" GUYS
WISHIN' WE WAS FISHIN'-----Steve & Margaret (B.A.S.S.--NAFC--NSMC--AnglersLegacyAmbassador--"Just Goin' Fishin' ")

lovedr79

Hobbies

Post by lovedr79 »

Hunting, fishing, spending time with my daughter, riding dirtbikes,motorcycles, working on everything, snowboarding, gardening. Had to get out of the r/c game as I was spending way too much on it. Had a t-maxx, 2.5 t-macs, duratrax 1/8 th scale buggy, 1/10 traxxas stadium truck all nitro powered.
Grizzly 1448SC
Lowe 10' jon

Jonboat Jerry

Hobbies

Post by Jonboat Jerry »

lovedr79 wrote:Had to get out of the r/c game as I was spending way too much on it. Had a t-maxx, 2.5 t-macs, duratrax 1/8 th scale buggy, 1/10 traxxas stadium truck all nitro powered.
Yep, Had a 1/8 scale RC100 can-am bodied, nitro gas car in the early 80's. I always loved the raw speed of that thing and the smell of nitro burning in the morning. It was visceral! :mrgreen:
Later, moved to RC10 and RC12, but was never the same.
I tried RC helicopters (full collective) for a while, never could hover, hell of a workload and I don't need the stress. :shock:
I enjoy Photography, hand gunning (target), rod building, and anything Jon Boat related, esp. fishing. Party On :)
20' Lowe Olympic Jon Boat AlumaZilla
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=20643
HB 1197C

lovedr79

Hobbies

Post by lovedr79 »

yeah i got into the heli's then quickly got out of it. i had a couple R/C planes too, but didnt fly them a whole lot.
Grizzly 1448SC
Lowe 10' jon

Paul Marx

Hobbies

Post by Paul Marx »

Night Vision hog hunting .
"I'll be okay , it only hurts when I breathe "

ShadowWalker

Hobbies

Post by ShadowWalker »

Duck hunting takes up my fall and a lot of the off season. I'm going to start carving decoys after the season closes. I have pattern books on the way.

I'm hoping to get back into photography this year. It is something that I will admit came natural to me. I was in a few magazines and won a few contests. I kind of fell out of it but do miss it.

I reload here and there, and I mess with small rc planes on occasion.
"Nature has been for me, for as long as I remember, a source of solace, inspiration, adventure, and delight; a home, a teacher, a companion."

JMichael

Hobbies

Post by JMichael »

All types of hunting with bow/black power/modern gun. Woodworking, mostly making 1 of a kind custom items from puzzle boxes to entertainment centers, RC airplanes and helicopters (I flew fixed wing from 1976 to 2002 and then got into helo's in 2008. I'm not looking to do anything fancy with the helo's but I have learned to do a flip and a roll. All of my RC stuff was stolen in 02 while it was in temp storage during a move, but I have two 450 size helo's now so I'm slowly getting back into it. I don't really consider it a hobby, but I've been riding motorcycles for over 45 years now and this one will probably be my last.

My current ride is a 1981 KZ 1000 that I purchased new in spring of 81. So I get to run antique tags now which are permanent and they have no yearly renewal fee. :mrgreen:

Here is the first test of a little hat mounted video cam I got to video my RC heli adventures.

RAMROD

Hobbies

Post by RAMROD »

Metal detecting on land and in the water, R/C planes which I really need to liquidate as I haven’t flown in years, working on private pilot license with CFI’s to follow.
If the bait stays dry the fish don't fry!

Canoeman

Hobbies

Post by Canoeman »

S&MFISH » 28 Nov 2013, 13:49 wrote:

I have not played Disc golf since the '80s. We used to play every week. But got away from it when I moved from the area.Should give it a try again. The only problem is I would be doing it by myself,since two of our usual foursome are deceased and one has moved out of state.
Things have changed a bit in the last 30 years since you have played i bet ;)

Most of the guys who throw are good guys, you would be able to get into a league or group or meet up with some people on the course. Half the guys i throw with ive met on the course..

The discs aren't "Frisbee's" anymore and there are courses every where..

You should get out and play, the majority of the courses are free and there are tons all over the USA/World.

Here is a link to DGCR website with tons of courses in your area

Spross park looks to be a fun/free 9 hole that would be good for getting back into the game!

Go get some discs and throw man, if you need any help on what discs to start with feel free to p.m. me ;)

S&MFISH

Hobbies

Post by S&MFISH »

Canoeman » 12 Dec 2013, 07:16 wrote:
S&MFISH » 28 Nov 2013, 13:49 wrote:

Things have changed a bit in the last 30 years since you have played i bet ;)

Most of the guys who throw are good guys, you would be able to get into a league or group or meet up with some people on the course. Half the guys i throw with ive met on the course..

The discs aren't "Frisbee's" anymore and there are courses every where..

You should get out and play, the majority of the courses are free and there are tons all over the USA/World.

Here is a link to DGCR website with tons of courses in your area

Spross park looks to be a fun/free 9 hole that would be good for getting back into the game!

Go get some discs and throw man, if you need any help on what discs to start with feel free to p.m. me ;)

Thanks for the link. We played at White Birch Park in Hazelwood, when it was the ONLY course in the St.Louis area. I had no idea that there are that many in my area.
ANOTHER ONE OF THE "JET" GUYS
WISHIN' WE WAS FISHIN'-----Steve & Margaret (B.A.S.S.--NAFC--NSMC--AnglersLegacyAmbassador--"Just Goin' Fishin' ")

New River Rat

Hobbies

Post by New River Rat »

My last hobby was underwater basket weaving. I am currently hand splitting atoms with a big hammer. Oh, I am now considered an expert amateur.
My Tinny is a tool, a means to an end, if you will.

New River Smallies

Case Plastics Pro Staff

BassAddict

Hobbies

Post by BassAddict »

Annoying Ahab
Two stroke isn't enough, four strokes is way too many!! Image

huntinfool

Hobbies

Post by huntinfool »

Bow hunting takes up most of my fall. Then I pretty much fish the rest of the year. Fresh, salt, bow, fly, you name it. A few bowhunts in between. And more fishing. I'll probably start wading the salt for the big trout in January. Like to work on my boat when I can.

bassfisherjk58

Hobbies

Post by bassfisherjk58 »

My only hobbie besides bass fishing is gardening.