Hobbies

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Besides fishing, What are your other hobbies? Lately mine has been making worms. I have hobbies that come and go, but Fishing and fishing related hobbies are really it for me. I was into remote control gas cars for awhile but it fizzled out like most other hobbies.

Anyone do anything cool? :D

jimmyt said:
Besides fishing, What are your other hobbies? Lately mine has been making worms. I have hobbies that come and go, but Fishing and fishing related hobbies are really it for me. I was into remote control gas cars for awhile but it fizzled out like most other hobbies.

Boat restoration. Repairing old OMC outboards. Most anything boating related. Archery. Welding. Doing almost anything with wood/metal. I like farming and working with heavy equipment. I mighta missed somethin'.

jimmyt said:
I was into remote control gas cars for awhile but it fizzled out like most other hobbies.

Hmm sounds familiar..... a certain someone has a really nice gas powered Savage sitting out in the garage..... I used to have an E-Maxx.....sold that and down graded to a Stampede...both our son and I have one of those. We all go through phases with them.

I have lots of hobbies, such as guitar, writing and reading, my German Shepherd and biking - but primarily stick with fishing :oops:

JustFishN said:
jimmyt said:
I was into remote control gas cars for awhile but it fizzled out like most other hobbies.

Hmm sounds familiar..... a certain someone has a really nice gas powered Savage sitting out in the garage..... I used to have an E-Maxx.....sold that and down graded to a Stampede...both our son and I have one of those. We all go through phases with them.

Yah same here, have a traxxas Revo, Duratrax Nitro evader, and a Electric Stampede... Ill get into em for like to weeks then just fade off for couple months... makes me think, gotta get that revo's tranny fixed...lol

Im getting into archery right now, just gettin a bow for graduation, like to shoot my shotgun more, into computers and like to bowl... and of most still fishing is something i dont just fade out of like the others.

Whew, where to begin? Other than fishing, I enjoy hunting, camping, scuba diving, rafting, archery (that part of hunting?) and traveling. Lots of smaller diversions, but don't we all? :D

Bird dogs and pheasant hunting make Fall my favorite time of year.
With an old shotgun in my hands, my achey legs moving me along, and a bouncy bird dog darting around to Go, NOW...life is good.

Attachments

• Mick and phesant 11 18  yelllowstone great day 009.jpg
    Mick and phesant 11 18 yelllowstone great day 009.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 738
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335473#p335473 said:
Canoeman » 10 minutes ago[/url]"]I Disc Golf a lot in my free time

I have not played Disc golf since the '80s. We used to play every week. But got away from it when I moved from the area.Should give it a try again. The only problem is I would be doing it by myself,since two of our usual foursome are deceased and one has moved out of state.

Hunting, fishing, spending time with my daughter, riding dirtbikes,motorcycles, working on everything, snowboarding, gardening. Had to get out of the r/c game as I was spending way too much on it. Had a t-maxx, 2.5 t-macs, duratrax 1/8 th scale buggy, 1/10 traxxas stadium truck all nitro powered.

lovedr79 said:
Had to get out of the r/c game as I was spending way too much on it. Had a t-maxx, 2.5 t-macs, duratrax 1/8 th scale buggy, 1/10 traxxas stadium truck all nitro powered.
Yep, Had a 1/8 scale RC100 can-am bodied, nitro gas car in the early 80's. I always loved the raw speed of that thing and the smell of nitro burning in the morning. It was visceral! :mrgreen:
Later, moved to RC10 and RC12, but was never the same.
I tried RC helicopters (full collective) for a while, never could hover, hell of a workload and I don't need the stress. :shock:
I enjoy Photography, hand gunning (target), rod building, and anything Jon Boat related, esp. fishing. Party On :)

Latest posts