It is cold.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have three mounted overhead about 16 feet up in my workplace. They do pretty good for such a large area of about 50' X 80'. I do find if you get too far away from them you will not feel any heat. If you are directly under them or within a few feet of being directly under them they work pretty good.

I like the oil filled heaters for a small space. Real safe too.
Tim

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/839771-king-electrical-manufacturing-co-oil-filled-radiator-heater.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&gclid=CjwKEAiA4YGjBRDOxa3XvfTnvSASJACC3bLBIxayAhAcPvQNJdhUsReGWcsQ1XuyQ_3hl8EKjKjPahoCGTTw_wcB#.VGEf6ckb91A

Yes it is cold! Will you guys up north please close the door? 80 on Monday, down to 40 by Tuesday night. Bbbbuuurrrrr.

Us southern folks aren't use to this cold weather, this early. :shock: I've had the fireplace going since yesterday. At this rate, I might burn up all our wood before January even gets here. :|

Keith
East Texas

OH! We use a small electric heather in an area of 14'x24'. Just a work shop though. We use 2 of them in the 32' RV to keep it comfortable when camping. Plenty enough heat. All are from Wmart, the kind that will go off if tipped over.

TexasLoneStar56 said:
Yes it is cold! Will you guys up north please close the door? .
Warmed up to the low 40s today. Going back to tee shirts. Almost need to crank up the A/C. No snow...it's just wrong.

I'm interested in this myself for my den. I am thinking also about a gas wall unit. Looks like the next ten days are ranging from 23º to 48º. Glad I gots my wood pile ready!

I been debating this over the last 2 weeks. Im not super keen on a ventless gas due to the high humidity it creates. Could combat it with a dehumidifier tho. The oil filled electric heaters are the most economical to operate. And safest in most professionals opinions. I have a 16x24 shop with 10ft ceilings. Id like to maintain 50 degrees till march..

rickybobbybend said:
TexasLoneStar56 said:
Yes it is cold! Will you guys up north please close the door? .
Warmed up to the low 40s today. Going back to tee shirts. Almost need to crank up the A/C. No snow...it's just wrong.

LOL! News this morning had E TX at 28. Said we were colder than Alaska. #-o Close the door up there, or at least shut the gate. :wink:

Bugpac said:
I been debating this over the last 2 weeks. Im not super keen on a ventless gas due to the high humidity it creates. Could combat it with a dehumidifier tho. The oil filled electric heaters are the most economical to operate. And safest in most professionals opinions. I have a 16x24 shop with 10ft ceilings. Id like to maintain 50 degrees till march..
Is the shop insulated or just stud & plywood ?? If it's got basic insulation and a vapor barrier and isn't drafty, 1 oil filled radiator set on minimum with the thermostat at 3 should easily do what you want. I heat my 1250 sq ft single level condo with 8' ceilings using 2 of them. They provide a more comfortable, even heat than forced air and actually cost me less to use than my central forced air system. It's 29 outside now and I have one rad set to Minimum with the thermostat on 3 keeping the place at a toasty 73. Hope this helps. :)

I'm in Ohio freezing my A$$ off. I wish I still lived in Texas. Anyway I use a propane heater in my garage. One of those bullet looking ones. It is loud but I'm the only one who goes there in the winter so I don't care.

Latest posts