Yakety-Yak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I know this isn't a yak site but lately I've been starting to pay more attention to my kayak as my close by fishing opportunities are actually better for a kayak. I've been looking at trailer and yak modifications and have found lots of very clever ideas. I've also run into some tinboat friends like richg99 who are active on some of the other sites out there. This morning I came across a pretty remarkable kayak modification. I can't explain what's going on with all the thinger-ma-deals on this kayak but I have to say it reminded me of some of the helicopter gunships I saw while stationed in Okinawa in 1972. They bristled with weapons and looked like a porcupine - or like this kayak. I wonder how the operator gets in the thing and once there how he/she manages to paddle it. Pretty amazing. If I was a fish I think I'd simply surrender in the face of such superior technology.

Love my yaks - I am in the process of adding some goodies to one of mine as we speak - the trolling motor being the biggest upgrade.

As far as being a subject for modifications...yaks are just Tinboats that cost less.

And, I'd imagine that anyone (even me) could plastic weld if needed. I have three yaks and one tin boat right now. Seems about the right ratio, for someone with two places and no place to store much.

That rig in the picture is a wanna-be Hobie Adventure Island catamaran sailing yak. He took the HAI scheme and made it out of his own yak. My kind of guy.

Hmmmm. upon further review, it just might be a stock Hobie Adventure Island with some mods.

richg99

____2593800_orig.jpg

Latest posts