cluster headaches

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
doe anyone on here suffer from cluster headahces? what do you do to relieve the pain? i already have migraines, i have not had a true migraine in a few months. however now i am having cluster headaches. went to the doctor, on steroids to try and break the cycle. but i need relief! i can not take much more of this waking up at night in excruciating pain.

:| I found they respond better to my Imitrex than the migraines did, but only if you wake up before they're too bad. I have young kids that seem to wake us up all the time so I'm finding I'm able to get to them before they get to me.

I have found that getting more sleep seems to help avoid them. I used to go to bed around midnight and get up around six/six thirty. Now I try to be out between 10 and 11 and get up at 7. Makes the morning more chaoitc but by having fewer headaches it helps not missing work.

Thanks! i try to go to sleep between 10-11, get up around 0615. but do not sleep all the way through the night. dealing with a crazy soon to be ex that will not let me talk to my daughter on the phone, court dates coming up, selling house, packing, moving, hard to deal with right now.

Try chugging water and keep yourself over hydrated. It works for some. The other thing you could try is Flonase over the counter allergy medication. That is one of a handful of magical drugs that can fix more than hay fever. First few days is like sniffing glue but after that you won't notice anything. Do both of those but go get a glass of water now.

+1 on the hydration - I sometimes take benadryl as a sleep aid & it helps, perhaps there is more to it than just making me dopey

Go to your doctor. My wife gets seasonal cluster headaches and takes Fiorecet for them. It helps a lot.

i went Friday, prednisone to try to break the cycle. i have been chugging water and taking melatonin near bedtime. last night i did not have a headache. slept most of the night. just praying that i can keep them at bay.

I don't have the headache problem, but often have trouble sleeping all through the night.

Two things that work for me....

real Cherry juice.

Or, one-half of an Ibuprofen PM.

richg99

Latest posts