Just wanting to say hello !

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigwrench

Reaction score
Hey everyone ! Been awhile and I apologize for those that are following my rebuild thread but this year has been probably one of the toughest for our family that I can remember.
Right after my 200EFI rebuild, (which turned out great by the way)everything seemed normal for us and then in August all the sudden my Father In Law had a massive heart attack in his sleep and went home to be with The Lord. To say that losing him devastated our family would be an understatement, he was one of the finest men I have ever known, a fellow veteran,musician,fishing buddy and the rock of our close knit family. After a couple weeks of trying to hold our family together along with myself I went back to work and was just bending over to look under the seat of a car when I locked up and could not straighten up. Was probably the worst pain I have experienced and it actually had me in tears. After rushing me to the VA hospital ER it was determined that I had 3 compression fractures, 2 bulging discs with no apparent reason at that time. Well I followed up with my primary physician about 4 days later and she started a series of tests that I should probably be glowing in the dark from by now lol. Anyways after it's all said and done I have 10 fractured vertebra from the top to the bottom, the 2 bulging discs and some nerve issues. Not all are new , in 2005 they wanted to do 3 repair procedures , one at a time with 6 months in between each. I refused and went back to work and at that time it was in my neck. I have severe early onset osteoporosis in my spinal column (my hips are fine), basically all we know now is that my Testosterone is very low and PTH levels are really high which supposedly cause low calcium ?
I have been sent out to a Neurologist and an Endocrinologist to try and figure this all out as far as etiology.
I am currently in a CTLSO support device much like a halo and cannot drive, use the bathroom etc etc. my wife has to take me back and forth to all these appointments and she is basically trying to take care of everything and everyone and still hold down a job. At this point we don't know how long I will have to wear this device, usually it's 3-5 months for one fracture ....
Doc says 3-5 years before I can even think about going back to work in any capacity and even then that's a guess. Been off work since the beginning of September . Currently on an IV infusion treatment that supposedly builds bone along with about 15 pills a day , half of which are calcium and vitamin D. The problem, the way I understand it is that the bone is not strong enough to support any type of repair. The hope is to build the bone back up and then attempt surgeries to do what can be done. I supposedly have the spine of a 90 year old lol. We "think" that the fishing ha just aggravated the situation faster due to bouncing on waves in big water plus jumping up and down off of my alignment machine about 30 times a day . We also have my wife's granny who is 92 here with us and she fell a couple months ago and now has a compression fracture as well. Since this is expected to last more than 12 months I filed for SSDI and hopefully that will come out favorable sometime soon after 30 years paying into it lol
Sorry that was so long but wanted to explain my absence and lack of updates on my classifieds ads and my Tin Rig rebuild thread. It's not over yet !!
If you find time Slip a prayer in for us, we could sure use them. Thanks
Rick and Crew !

Latest posts