78th birthday, finished the Half-Marathon Hike.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Have to tell a little story about today (my 78th).

At the beginning of September, my wife and I signed up for a "Half-Marathon" Hiking program that we have here in our summer TN area. 13.1 miles of hiking through the Tennesee hills, West of Knoxville. Had to be finished by the end of the month.

We are at 2000 feet, so even that small elevation had this old guy puffing at the beginning of the month. Oh, and I had a new left knee installed July 13, too.

This morning, it was a cool 57 degrees, and Sue and I finished the last three miles. One portion was up and down in some rocky areas, and the final push was a simple long walk through a city park. All in all, I was happy we could do the deed in the allotted time.

Not too bad for an out-of-shape old fart and his much smaller bride!

richg99

That's quite an accomplishment congratulation to you and wife and happy birthday.

That's awesome Rich! Moving up and down those inclines and declines is not easy. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, actually, the downhill sections are harder for me than the uphills, except for my very labored breathing. Ha Ha

Johnny, "if I take better care of myself" Heck, I certainly didn't. Overweight for most of my life, including right now. At my age, you just have to pace yourself and have a determined woman to follow. Ha Ha She waits for me when I fall too far behind.

It is, thank God, not a timed race!

richg99

Thanks, John and all....

I played nine holes today. The first round of golf since I got the new knee. I even shot a 43, which, for me, is outstanding. Now, I have to see if I can do it twice.

richg99

Happy Birthday Rich99, and congrats on finishing. Not an easy task I am sure....:)

Latest posts