Put the boat in for the season today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
It was 45 degrees Monday and I was in the water in shorts putting my dock together so today I put the boat in for the season. It's been a cold delayed start to this season for sure. But we're looking at 60's-70's the next few days so I wanted to get a jump on it and be ready. Back in Feb, my 2009 Silverado Z71 reg cab was totaled by somebody who ran a stop sign on me so I decided to downsize and got a 2013 Tacoma regular cab. It's been tough going from 335 hp to 159 hp but it has no problem towing this boat, but I just can't pull out in traffic like I used to be able to. Our ramp comes down at a bad angle and then flattens for a bit before dropping off. The water height right now is the worst level because of the flat spot. My trailer has rollers so it's no big deal for this boat.

Attachments

• boat_at_ramp.jpg
    boat_at_ramp.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,129
  • tacoma_ramp1.jpg
    tacoma_ramp1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,129
Looks like a nice overcast day. We went from the 60s yesterday to the upper 70s today and I'm ready for winter to get back here.

It was 45 Monday, 83 today, 82 tomorrow and supposed to be back to 46 Sunday. And it probably works out to our normal average high temp for this time of year when it gets averaged for the month.

Nice Regular cab Tacoma! I had two of them, a 2004 and a 2013, they were fantastic vehicles and will tow a small tin boat just fine. I went the other way and now have a 2017 GMC Sierra SLE ZR1 because towing my snowmobile trailer was brutal with the Tacoma. Also got a 2800lb boat now.

I made my maiden voyage of the year Saturday and today is snow and ice. Brutal spring we are having.

Well, we got almost 3" of rain overnight and the river is already up 4 feet and climbing. Luckily, I decided not to put the other runway on the dock yet, it's much easier to pull it in and clear debris when there is just 1 runway attached. Here's a couple of pictures after I cleared out a lot of branch debris from under and around the dock. I'm guessing it will come up a couple more feet by later today so I'll have to go back and check on it. It's about 10 minutes away from my house. At least my battery and bilge pump are working well! I'm on the NJ side of the river and you can see PA on the other side in the 3rd picture.

Attachments

• dock_boat3.jpg
    dock_boat3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • dock_boat2.jpg
    dock_boat2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • dock_boat1.jpg
    dock_boat1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,039
Extreme jealousy from me...

Both my boats are at my wife's place in Paducah, KY and we've been both working up here in Wisconsin too much to get down there. It snowed here yesterday.. It was 65 and sunny there.. #-o

Latest posts