Jack London, his life and.... a lot more.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Jack London has been my favorite author for the better part of 60 years. A quick read of the short story "To Build a Fire" probably turned me on to his many talents.

Back when men were men, Jack lived and wrote their stories.

LINKed below is an excellent article that summarises his life. Worth the time IMHO.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/gold-fever-deadly-cold-and-amazing-true-adventures-jack-london-wild-180973316/?utm_source=smithsoniandaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20191023-daily-responsive&spMailingID=40955627&spUserID=NjAyNjk4NjM5NTMwS0&spJobID=1622173874&spReportId=MTYyMjE3Mzg3NAS2

That is an enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing.

I liked where it talks about young Jack becoming an accomplished drinker and brawler in waterfront saloons. Perfect training for the Alaska gold stampede. Lol.

I found this old post, and can relate.

Good article.

I was lucky enough to walk to The Wolf House ruins with my father. My old man was not much of a reader. He was a Depression Era youngster without a high school degree, and went straight into the Army after Pearl Harbor. But the man knew his Jack London. He only got there once.

I have been back to Wolf House a few times over the years. Stopped by the gravesite. Read "To Build A Fire" as the breeze blew through the oaks.

Latest posts