Where do you keep your Boat?

Trailor, boat slip, Covered Boat Slip, Sling???

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
jethro
Donor

Post by jethro »

jrl5678 wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 12:44
Have any of you heard or been a part of, a boat slip coup. It was explained to me like a condo/coup where you own the slip and have access to the rest of the marina but only own/use the slip you own. Found one here that is for sale and reasonable and would keep my boat wet all the time. Galveston Bay Area is usable year round BTW.
On Lake Sunapee in NH, I remember when I first moved to this area I was renting an apartment. Keeping my eye on the local real estate market I saw a listing in Newbury Harbor, right on Lake Sunapee. $119,000.00, listed as lake frontage/access. I was interested so I looked closer... it was a 26 foot, open air boat slip at the Newbury Yacht Club with one vehicle parking spot and access to the private "clubhouse" which is basically a 400 sq foot room with lockers and a small bathroom with a shower.

I should have bought it, it's worth twice that now. Anyway, what you are referring to is quite common up here in NH, seasonal slip rentals at "clubs" or even at marinas. They are usually 3 or 4 grand for May through Sept. There are also a number of places that offer valet service where they keep your boat on a rack, sometimes even indoors, or on your trailer and if you call ahead the day before they will put your boat in the water for you and have it at the dock. My buddy does this at Squam Lake. There are also covered slips but they are usually quite a bit more. 7 or 8 grand for a season.
I fish, therefore, I am.

1993 Starcraft SF 14 DLX side console with 25 hp Mercury 2 stroke
2003 Sylvan 2100 Profish walkthrough with 150 Mercury Saltwater and 6hp Mecury 4 stroke kicker

bcbouy

Post by bcbouy »

mine was tied to my dock at my new lake house from july till late october.now it's in it's own garage and we've added 40' of new docks.:D
Attachments
20190808_200520.jpg
if all else fails....stop using all else

LDUBS

Post by LDUBS »

OK, that right there with the new lake house is kind of the best I can imagine. Nicely done BCBouy.
Have Rod - Will Fish

bcbouy

Post by bcbouy »

it's right off the "fishing highway".we're within a half hour drive to dozens of the best fishing lakes in the province.i'm now looking for a 10' jon boat that i can lash to the roof of my side x side and hit some of the remote lakes.the lake we're on is 17km long and 1km wide across from the cottage.loaded with rainbows,lakers,kokanee and burbot and freezes thick enough to drive a truck on.now we're selling the camper and looking for a 22' pontoon boat.
Attachments
20191002_145021.jpg
20190904_133659.jpg
if all else fails....stop using all else

kdgrills

Post by kdgrills »

bcbouy, living my dream. =D>
Good on you!

You hosers got muskies up there in the great
white north, eh?

gnappi

Re: Where do you keep your Boat?

Post by gnappi »

When I lived on a salt water island, I kept the boats (20-25') in the water. I had ablative paint on the bottom, and as long as I used the boat, fouling was minimal. Since I used them a LOT I did not need to keep them on chargers so electrolysis was mostly non existent, but I kept a "guppie" in the water anyway. In winter when usage was down a bit, I tried solar chargers when I knew zip about solar power and they failed me miserably. Nowadays with what I know about solar chargers I'd do things differently.

When living away from the water, I always stored my boats (16' and smaller)
Regards,

Gary (in South Florida)

BillPlayfoot

Re: Where do you keep your Boat?

Post by BillPlayfoot »

I pay a dollar a day for storage inside a pole barn