Black Friday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
I got 2 Samsung model Tab A 10.1" Tablets. One for me one for my girl friend. Actually went on Wednesday to Best Buy.

I don't know much about them but it sounds like you scored.

I got tired of getting Cabelas "up to" 60% or 70% off ads. I finally decided I would try to find what they had that was 70% off. Slow day I guess. It took a while flipping through screens but I did finally find a women's fleece jacket that was 60% off. Never did find the elusive 70% off item. Probably a bag of rubber bands or something.

So, I'm happy to report I didn't spend a dime on Black Friday!! Haha

I was going to run to Cabelas before 11 AM on Friday to pick up a Lew's reel for 50% off, but I never made it in time......not a big deal, I will survive. :LOL2:

I've never been to a Cabelas store. I would like to but the closest is in Reno which is about a 4 hour drive. I wonder if they are the same inside as a BPS. I do have a BPS about an hour away.

When I need to visit a store I normally go to a Sportsman's Warehouse which is about 45 minutes. My all time favorite is Fisherman's Warehouse which has three locations in Northern California. For you bass fishermen, they have bins full of different plastic baits so you can mix & match to your hearts content. I was recently happy to hear that they are moving one of the locations closer to me.

Cabelas used to be a destination place. We had one 3 hours north and would go about twice a year. The store was enormous and you could spend half a day there. When it was built, it was in the middle of nowhere. It's probably been 20 years and a whole retail town has grown around the Cabelas now.

A few years ago, they built a smaller one right over the state line from us. Takes me 25 minute to get there. Smaller is still pretty big but not quite as big as the one 3 hours away. I find myself there every few weeks now and it's no longer as exciting. Haven't made the trek to the big one in a long time.

We also have a fairly new Bass Pro 45 min. from here. Big, but not as big as either of the Cabelas. Bass pro never has what I want - which is why I was suprised when Bass Pro bought Cabelas. I would have expected it to be the other way around. Cabelas seems to have better run stores.

About black Friday - did it once a few years ago. Won't do it again.

Latest posts