Best 1980's Power Rock Band Ballads

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyetech

Reaction score
Some of you don't remember the 80's. It was a time of great bands, big hair, big sound and I really miss the music from that decade. For the members that do remember I put this list together of the BEST 10 (imo) Power Rock Band Ballads. Just focused on bands and not solo artists. Take a moment and re-acquaint yourself, grab a youtube video, sit back and remember the way it was. Feel free to add your favourite rock band ballad if it's not listed here.

Scorpions - Wind Of Change

Whitesnake - Is This Love

Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is

Boston - Amanda

Journey - Faithfully

Berlin - Take My Breath Away

Europe - Carrie

Starship - Sara

Cars - Drive

REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run

I remember the 80's but consider it more "contemporary" music. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

I still listen to music from mostly the 60's or 70's. Or, at least from bands that formed back in those days.

I mean, come on now. CS&N, The Stones, Eagles, Procol Harum, Kinks, The Who, Hollies, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, etc etc. Even the Troggs would beat anything on your list!! Well, maybe not anything. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Anyway, just jerking your chain a little though I do still like the "oldies". Good post.

My son grew up listening to 60's through 80's music, he thinks his generation is a bit daft listening to what they like.

From Abba, the Beatles, CSNY, Deep purple to ZZ top and Frank Zappa there's no "best".

Anyway it's good that phone memory card support finally got large enough to fit my entire CD collection on it. I have four or five backups to make sure I NEVER have to rip them again in case of a failed drive :)

LDUBS said:
I remember the 80's but consider it more "contemporary" music. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

I still listen to music from mostly the 60's or 70's. Or, at least from bands that formed back in those days.

I mean, come on now. CS&N, The Stones, Eagles, Procol Harum, Kinks, The Who, Hollies, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, etc etc. Even the Troggs would beat anything on your list!! Well, maybe not anything. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Anyway, just jerking your chain a little though I do still like the "oldies". Good post.

Omg, don't get me started. Some of those 60's and 70's bands music still bring tears to my eye's.

EYETECH!....c'mon!
A couple in my head, aimed specifically toward women.

Alice Cooper, "Only Women Bleed". (That may be 70's vintage.)
Def Leppard, "Women"

IMO, very good ballads, in honor of women, as only an 80's rock artist can do.

Roger

gnappi said:
My son grew up listening to 60's through 80's music, he thinks his generation is a bit daft listening to what they like.

From Abba, the Beatles, CSNY, Deep purple to ZZ top and Frank Zappa there's no "best".

Anyway it's good that phone memory card support finally got large enough to fit my entire CD collection on it. I have four or five backups to make sure I NEVER have to rip them again in case of a failed drive :)

Reminds me of a time a young fellow asked if I ever heard of Led Zeppelin. Told him I used to listen on 8-track probably before he was born. He didn't know what that was.

LDUBS said:

Yup, I remember well, Zeppilin, Stones, Beatles, Who days on the radio. Jackson Browne, The Eagles, Lynard Skynard, U2, Yes, ELP, Boston (one LP), Peter Frampton, The Kinks (very under rated), VH, Bob Seger.

In defense of the OP he did say power ballads, those songs to me were love songs made to appel to the mass audiances of pop music and generate sales.

Someone say Skynyrd? One of the reasons I'm losing my hearing. Can't ever be loud enough. (not the '80's but meh, close enough for gov't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

LDUBS said:
gnappi said:

Reminds me of a time a young fellow asked if I ever heard of Led Zeppelin. Told him I used to listen on 8-track probably before he was born. He didn't know what that was.

I don't always listen to the Led Zeppelin, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Latest posts