I gotta do it(JOIN US!!) we've started

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Lose my frigen wieght, I'm bigger than ever now, 5' 10" at 270# :roll:

It really sucks being this heavy, I can't imagine what other fellas go thru heavier than me. I continue to have health issues simply because of wieght, so I either keep taking meds for my health issues and be the slowest walker in the family, or get off my fat behind and lose about 70# and beable to walk the hunting hills again, race the kids again.

I've been back at the Doc's because of this lazy crap and I'm tired of taking pills and inhalers cause I'm fat. There I've said it =D>

Had to at least admitt it :| :D

I'm with you bud.. I just went to the doctor last Monday and weighed in at a mighty 320 Now I am 6'6" but still need to drop 50lbs
70 would be great They changed one of my meds that had a side affect of weight gain so I hope that helps I put on 40 lbs in the 2 years i have been taking this drug.
Salads for lunch and no toll house cookies for me!!

Lets form a challenge! I know we could help each other do it. New years is around the corner..... Last year at this time I was 300+. I have been dieting on and off, and been maintaining the 256-265 mark. I want to get down to 220 (short term goal).

Sounds like a good plan to me!! I'm only 5'9 and weigh about 220 or so.
I told myself I was going to "slack off" the soda and junk food but I figured I would wait until thanksgiving and Christmas were out of the way!!
Maybe that's my problem..............I keep telling myself I'll do it later!! #-o

Mine was the stress issue, one point in 2000 I lost it all, from 230# down to 180# great time, sold my house bought another one, well the buyer of my old house fell thru so I ended up stuck with two mortgage payments for three years, I don't smoke or drink(been sober for 15 years now) so food was the get away. Then a back accident in 2006 and they put me on steroids and blume I went.

My problem is everything, meat potatos and a sweet tooth

I need to do this bad, I say lets do it Jim, we can come up with somethen for us, Heck we can call it the chubs club :lol:

I'm 5'11" and around 300lbs #-o .....I really should loose some pounds. Maybe after all of the holiday eating.

I know what you mean! I eat a lot when I'm bored,mad or just feel like eating!!
I had an accident in 05 and broke a few ribs and collar bone and cracked my sternum along with a lacerated liver and a busted spleen plus a few scratches here and there but ANYWAY.I didn't do anything but sit on the couch reclined back eating whatever I could get my hands on!!
Eventually (six weeks later) I was back to work and about 30 lbs. heavier so I decided to go on a diet. I quit the soda(huge difference) and slacked off of everything and even joined The Firm(fitness center) and I had got down to 207 and was actually starting to get my "muscles" back but then we went on our annual family vacation and ever since then it all went downhill.
I'm like you on the smoking and drinking,I quit a long time ago and was delivered from ALL THAT JUNK that I done in the past so now I just take all my aggressions out on food LOL :lol:

I know how you guys feel. I'm about 5'8-5'9 and pushing 240. This time last year I was down to about 220, which was nice.....and its just kinda graduatally worked its way back up this past year. Like someone already mentioned, I think I eat when i'm just bored.....When i'm out fishing or something sometimes I have to make myself eat....but when i'm sitting around or at work, I get bored...I get a snack. My biggest problem though I think is I don't get enough physical activity. I always tell myself before every spring/summer i'm gonna get out and start walking/jogging...but then never do. I hate doing stuff by myself, and i've had a problem getting anyone to ever commit to doing it with me.

What a common problem. Im 6'4" and 325. Ive got to do something cause this really sucks. My problem is that I just love food. Potaoes, steaks, sweats,ands chips. Its all good and I almost always get seconds, (left overs go bad quick, dont want to waste). Im on my feet and on the go all day, when I get home I am beat. I want to kick my feet up, not work out. I stopped smoking years ago but took up skoal. Quit that this summer and tend to snack at night when I want a dip. Count me in

I'm 5'7" and 210.My doc says that my digestive problems are causing my weight problems.He said until I can afford to my gastro doc,I will have problems.I eat very little.Hopefully I'll be able to afford health insurance next year. [-o<

I'm in. You guys have seen some of my pics and my videos. I am way to heavy. I'm 6'2" and the last time I had the nerve to step on the scales I was at 340. Not healthy at all. My wife took it upon herself back in the spring to shed some weight that she never lost when our son was born. She started an insane workout regimen and has lost 46lbs to date and is looking very nice. That's a lot for a gal that's 5'3". I am very proud of her not to mention the benefits that I have received from it. :wink:

I'd love to drop 60-70lbs in short order, I lost 40lbs in 3 months at one point when I was younger. Nothing crazy other than I cut my intake back drastically and stayed active. I play softball in the summer and I would love to knock off 50 before the season starts in May. That's only 10 lbs per month. Lets get this going. Hey if for nothing else it will let our boats draft just that much shallower. =D>

Im in on this one. 5'11 at 250. Need to get down to about 190. I too am tired of the meds and aches and pains related to the weight.

At 6'2" 305lbs I'm in. I am noticing its getting much harder to do things that I took for granted 50lbs ago. And I know both my fishing and hunting have suffered from it.

I'm in too. Actually started after Thanksgiving. I lost quite a bit last time I did this and sorta went back to my old no excercise and eating crap when my wife's work/school/clinical schedule went crazy this year. So I am back up around 224.

When you guys start exercising, just make sure you don't do as much as you can starting off. Gradually work your way up to it... it's a lot more beneficial to your health, and it doesn't wreak havoc on your muscles. There's a guy in my military unit that has some kind of walk/run workout that he does, and he's lost a considerable amount of weight utilizing that and changing his eating habits. I'll shoot him an email to see if I can get him to send it to me and I'll make a post.

I was doing great, running a mile a day and lifting weights 5 days a week. Then I hurt my back and it all went down from there. Now I have a bad knee and the running is not a good idea so the high impact weight loss is a thing of the past. It is tough getting old!

This is a good idea. I am 6'1" about 325, I work out and jog and run every week. I jog probably 5 miles a week and lift weights. I don't smoke, drink a few beers a month, but love ice cream and whatever else i can get my hands on. I'm pretty sure I could lose the weight I want by cutting back my portions and switching to healthier foods.

Good Luck everybody

I am faith in all of you. You just need to make the commitment and stick to it. Very minor things can have a huge impact. Walking and not eating 4 hours before bed are just 2 somewhat easy things to do to start a change.

I will stop dipping when you officially start on this endevour. They are both addictive and need both support and control.

It can be done!

Latest posts