Lure Tamer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79

This will be the first of many member reviews...hopefully. What I have here is a product called a lure tamer. All this does is protect the lure while you are not fishing from snagging you, your carpet, someone else, and most importantly scratching your rod. Lets face it, Rods are really getting up there in price, and the last thing you want is to scratch the rods finish because of a lure that is attached to the hook keeper.

I purchased a 5 pack. This includes 1 Large, 2 Medium, and 2 Small.

Manufacturers website: https://www.luretamer.com/

Likes and dislikes is what I want, Thats it. You then keep it. If allot of people like it, I will approach the seller that sold it to me to see if we can do a group buy.

***PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE PRODUCT IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON DOING THE REVIEW***

I need 5 members....please specify size you want (first come first serve),
PM me your address, then you keep it. :D

Attachments

• IMG_6187 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6187 (Small).JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 4,940
  • IMG_6190 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6190 (Small).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 4,940
  • IMG_6189 (Small).jpg
    IMG_6189 (Small).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 4,940
I would love to be a tester and would deffinetely love to see this part of the forum turn into a great sucess and to be filled with great thoughts and reviews. I would like to review the large one if possible. Thanks a lot.

Everyone who signed up should have gotten it by now.

I know D.R. Got his and he lives furthest away! :D

Let me know if you have not received your package yet!

There is still 1 small Lure Tamers up for review!

I can review it myself, but I would rather another member do it!

Have recieved mine today, so far by just playing with it I really think it will work well. Later on I will write up a little review.

This ebay store sells the 5 pack for $10. That is a great deal. He is actually who I purchased the review ones from.

https://stores.ebay.com/Dougs-Tackle-and-More

Jimmy,

I modified the plastic hook hanger and it know fits the hook hanger on the rods :lol:

D.R.

Bryce Wrote:

I have been using it for about two weeks now and I have to say this product gets a thumbs up from me.

PROS:
I put it on a rod with a crank bait and tossed it in my truck. It was nice not having to worry about hooks getting into my seats or getting stuck on other things.
It was also nice to not have to worry about my rod or bait being scratched up by one another.

CONS:
The only problem I had with the lure tamer was it was a little tough to open. I adjusted it with hot water but then it got to loose and popped open on its own. I put it back to tighter and lived with it.

I would say all in all this is a good purchase. It will keep the hooks out of your boat carpet or seats and will protect those expensive rods or baits.
I plan on ordering a few more to outfit all my rods.

Latest posts