New Lowe Aura 1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FigNewton

Reaction score
I'm a new member to this forum. Thanks for having me.

I'm getting ready to install a fish finder. It's a Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2 Fish Finder/Chartplotter.

I have a trolling motor on the way. It's a Minn Kota Riptide PowerDrive Bow Mount Bluetooth Trolling Motor with CoPilot.

I'm adding 4 rod holders and 2 pedestal seats, and a few other goodies.

I took it out yesterday and gave it a dry run. I can see now that I have to add some weight to the front. When I goose the engine, the bow rises way up until the boat starts on a plane. When I add my trolling motor, marine battery, and a live well it should be balanced out pretty good.

I have the side bunkers off of the trailer because I'm modifying them. I also need to pull the boat back on the trailer just a bit before I install the transducer.

50211323231_e94739e25c_c.jpg

Great canvas to start out with. I looked at that model but with the floor and the drop front deck but ended up going with the Alumacraft NCS 1648 due to price.

I'm installing two pedestal chairs in mine. I'll probably get it done this coming weekend.

Nice rig! Congrats.

I see what you mean about pushing the boat back. Another option is to shorten the right side bunk by a couple of inches so it is still well under the transom but cannot hit the transducer.

I think I figured out the easiest way to fix this. I'm going to take my boat to a nearby lake and launch it. Then I'll pull my trailer to the parking lot. While there I'll unbolt the bunkers and move them forward a few inches.

Any plans to add a floor and/or deck? The TM up front will help with bow rise for sure, especially if you put the battery up there too.

Latest posts