1970 12' Alumiline Restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I posted earlier:

I've worked on some old boats in recent years and daily I felt like I'd been beaten by sticks.

You are doing a great job. Persevere. =D>

Mahalo guys for your support! I can't wait to get her in the water. Working on bracing the frame up, and ill do some pour foam and an aluminum subfloor. I also ordered some Hydroturf to top it off with

Getting the subfloor finalized. Using sheet aluminum, I am making each section a compartment of its own, to ensure safety and strength. I am going to add 1/8 angle in cross sections (orange) and i made leg braces using 1/8" flatbar (blue). I just got the trailer hitch installed on my Jeep, and going to work on wiring that as well. Hope everyone is safe!

20200817_202226.jpg
20200813_205422.jpg
20200817_202237.jpg

Finally found transom end caps!! I found these zinc cover pieces for just $2.50 each. Super stoked.
Any opinions on Zinc with aluminum? Does all zinc offer oxidation protection?

20200819_171540.jpg
20200819_171601.jpg

Lanakila said:
Finally found transom end caps!! I found these zinc cover pieces for just $2.50 each. Super stoked.

20200819_171540.jpg
20200819_171601.jpg

Where'd you find those? I've been searching for a set to put on my 12' V. Are they just corner braces like sold here: https://www.grainger.com/product/1WDD3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz6j4-eip6wIVR9bACh1F_A3hEAQYASABEgLctfD_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIz6j4-eip6wIVR9bACh1F_A3hEAQYASABEgLctfD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!264955915892!!!g!439969404635!&gucid=N:N:pS:paid:GGL:CSM-2295:LA9F1Y:20500731

Here ya go bud. Yes. They look the same as the ones I got, but this place is cheaper. $1.48 + tax and shipping

https://www.zoro.com/zoro-select-heavy-duty-corner-brace-4-wx4-in-l-1wdd3/i/G1478215/?q=G1478215

Lanakila said:
They are close to each other on the metal nobility scale, but whereas still dissimilar metals just put a layer of duct tape over the tin where the zinc sits.

Lanakila said:
They are close to each other on the metal nobility scale, but whereas still dissimilar metals just put a layer of duct tape over the tin where the zinc sits.

DaleH said:
Lanakila said:

Is having this part zinc or zinc coated similar to a zinc anode they sell to protect from oxidation when using the boat in salt water?

Ty for your input!

Hey brother hope you are well!

i was following your thread as I am redoing an aluminum boat myself. how did the flex steal work? any leaks? not sure if my boat leaks or not but for some due diligence wanted to do a nice thick layer under the boat just to be safe. did it hold up well? any leaks? and did you use it in saltwater? thank you in advance

Latest posts