Lowe 1436 Project Finally Finished! *New Pics!* 7/10/2010

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonboatjerry

Reaction score
I have finally finished and posted new pics of my project! That is my side-kick in the pics of the finished product (My stepson and also great helper on this project.)! Please feel free to ask questions and post comments as well. I also want to thank everyone on here for their help.

Attachments

• kay 023.jpg
    kay 023.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 16,669
  • kay 024.jpg
    kay 024.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 16,669
  • kay 026.jpg
    kay 026.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 16,669
  • kay 027.jpg
    kay 027.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 16,669
  • kay 031.jpg
    kay 031.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 16,669
  • kay 032.jpg
    kay 032.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 16,669
  • kay 028.jpg
    kay 028.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 16,669
  • kay 029.jpg
    kay 029.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 16,669
  • DSCI0435.JPG
    DSCI0435.JPG
    478.9 KB · Views: 16,669
  • DSCI0436.JPG
    DSCI0436.JPG
    471.8 KB · Views: 16,669
  • DSCI0437.JPG
    DSCI0437.JPG
    480.9 KB · Views: 16,669
  • DSCI0438.JPG
    DSCI0438.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 16,669
  • DSCI0439.JPG
    DSCI0439.JPG
    484.5 KB · Views: 16,669
  • DSCI0440.JPG
    DSCI0440.JPG
    480.2 KB · Views: 16,669
  • DSCI0441.JPG
    DSCI0441.JPG
    485.1 KB · Views: 16,669
lookin good man! now get out there and catch some of those cold water bass!!

is your back hatch covering your batteries hinged?

Very nice, I especially like the livewell upgrade. I plan on using the same switch panel, is it built pretty well?

Awesome job... how is the rear deck secured to not show screws (assuming you wrapped the carpet around the edges prior to putting the deck down)

russ010 said:
lookin good man! now get out there and catch some of those cold water bass!!

is your back hatch covering your batteries hinged?

No, the back hatch is actually fastened down with heavy duty velcro.

Rat said:
Very nice, I especially like the livewell upgrade. I plan on using the same switch panel, is it built pretty well?

Yes, that panel is very well built. It is very easy to install.

dyeguy1212 said:
Awesome job... how is the rear deck secured to not show screws (assuming you wrapped the carpet around the edges prior to putting the deck down)

I did wrap the carpet around the edges of the deck. I did not use any screws at all. I fastened the rear deck down by using Liquid Nails. I also installed the seat post base first so I could carpet over it to give the back deck a cleaner more professional look.

Liquid nails... very interesting... How well does that stuff hold up? I've only head of using it for household applications, so I wouldnt know how weather and temperature changes would affect it.

dyeguy1212 said:
Liquid nails... very interesting... How well does that stuff hold up? I've only head of using it for household applications, so I wouldnt know how weather and temperature changes would affect it.

trust me... it works for just about anything you don't want to come undone... the guy who had my boat before me used it to keep his wiring attached to the side of the boat - and I spent hours trying to get that crap off my boat

dyeguy1212 said:
They make several types of it for different applications. I can't remember of hand which one I used but it was one made for outdoor projects like decks, etc... and could be used directly on metal, including aluminum. I had actually talked with a gentleman who used it for almost all of his fastening projects on his boat project. He told me his boat is holding up like new and he had finished his boat over 6 years ago.

russ010 said:
dyeguy1212 said:

trust me... it works for just about anything you don't want to come undone... the guy who had my boat before me used it to keep his wiring attached to the side of the boat - and I spent hours trying to get that crap off my boat
Lol! Boy don't I know it! If you drop or get any of it on anything, you'd better make sure you get it cleaned up asap! If it dries on your hands it is there for quite a while. lol

Finally have pics of my finished Jon Boat project! I have had the boat out once and it was stable and dry. It was even better balanced than I had hoped and expected. The only items that I still plan on buying are an extension handle for the outboard motor, a fishfinder for the front deck and a spare tire for the trailer. I have around $2,300.00 invested in this boat. Not too bad for a redneck bass boat! It was a very fun project. I wished I would have had the money to purchase everything all at once but it actually worked out to where I would get one item and get it installed and or finished and could really take my time and try and do it right. I also want to thank everyone on here for their help as well. Please feel free to ask me anything and also post your comments. I look forward to all feedback. Thanks again and happy fishing.Boat Pics 321.JPGBoat Pics 320.JPGBoat Pics 266.JPGBoat Pics 265.JPGBoat Pics 263.JPGBoat Pics 262.JPGBoat Pics 261.JPGBoat Pics 260.JPGBoat Pics 259.JPGBoat Pics 258.JPGBoat Pics 257.JPG

looks great man 8) if you want 2 save 20 or so bucks, you can make your own tiller extension. i made mine out of some pvc pipe, a sawed off hockey stick and a c-clamp. heres mine

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 4,810

Latest posts