16' Ouachita Mod by 3 guys with some beer

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
bnseymour

Post by bnseymour »

Here are a few more pics of the build..we are just about finished..hope ya'll like what we have done so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Nice Job , I love the name of your boat .

dyeguy1212

Post by dyeguy1212 »

JohnT wrote:Nice Job , I love the name of your boat .

Why didn't I think of that!? #-o

tfizzle172

Post by tfizzle172 »

Ok all,

So here are the latest pics, all we have left is a few more coats of clear coat and then a test run!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fender66

Post by fender66 »

How on earth have I missed this build. This is GREAT! Love the boat name too. You guys have done awesome. I'm sure you're going to catch a lot of fish!

Oh...and WELCOME.....(Better late than never) #-o
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

MDFisherman57

Post by MDFisherman57 »

very nice looking. How does that boat hold up with that short trailer? Also are you gonna use a tiller hanger extension because from the picture it looks like a fair distance?

bnseymour

Post by bnseymour »

That trailer worked out well for my Dad when he had the boat. When we brought the boat down here to southern Indiana from north west Indiana it road great. It is a little short on the back end but it does its job...As far as the handle on the motor goes, We put the front seat in that location so the guy in the back will have plenty of leg room on the back deck, When driving we will just take the seat pole out and then plug the seat into the base and we should be ok to reach back to the motor and my legs / feet will rest just fine on the middle floor deck. We havent had a chance to take the "Flat Bottom Girl" out for a test run to see how she will hold up with all 3 of us, our gear, and all the extra weight we added w/ the decks. I have a merc 9.9 and think it will push us just fine. I just hope we dont feel like we are balanceing on a basketball because it is only 36" wide. Other posts have said we will do fine others said its if'y. We will be takeing her to our yearly fishing trip up in North manchester, IN in 2 weeks so I will be sure to take more pic's as well as post how she did for all you guys who have a 1636...Thnanks again for all the feed back. I had a great time doing the mod w/ my 2 best buds

blueultra2

Post by blueultra2 »

So how did you end up fastening the carpeted panels to the framing?

Brine

Post by Brine »

Nice job man. Hope the test run goes well.

tfizzle172

Post by tfizzle172 »

blueultra2,

We just screwed the decking down to the wood framing right through the deck and carpet with coated deck screws. U can see them up close, but they mainly disappear in the nap of the carpet.