Lowe 1436L

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
back4more

Lowe 1436L

Post by back4more »

FishingBuds wrote:Nice job, was your fish finder working in that spot well enough? I assume you turned it around when ya sat up front?
I dont remember using it when I sat up front. I never used the trolling motor after I made sure it was set up right, and I never use a fish finder to find fish (mostly just for depth). but I do remember that I did place it there based on good visibility from the rear seat. and looking at the pics it should be easily visible from the front.
12_Tinner wrote:Great build, sucks you don't have it anymore :( Love your "rail" idea and TM bracket. Going to put those ideas into my 12' V Aluminum in another month or so...can't wait to get it going
I loved the rail too. Ive got a 1232 now and soon I will install the same style seats, exact bases and mounts but without the plywood on the benches. but I will not add a deck. floor or trolling motor. and my favorite addition will be another accessory rail. Ive actually just purchased the exact same fish finder, vertical rod holder and collapsible paddle :D
rmzachar wrote:How stable was that casting deck?
I found it to be stable for standing there and casting on calm water. my original intent when building the deck was to add a seat insert there, but I decided not too for stability reasons. Im sure it would be stable enough for calm lakes but I fish mostly salt water rivers and creeks. I did wish that I hadnt put the trolling motor there in the way.