1980 14ft. Fisher Marine flat bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc3232

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
My name Derek & I live in Hampton, GA. I've been on this site for a couple months now, but just haven't had time to post my project yet. Its a 1980 Fisher Marine 14ft. flat bottom. I got the boat & trailer from my bro-n-law for $300. They were hurting for money at the time, so I pretty much stole it :LOL2: . I have been watching everyone's progress on their projects, and I absolutely love seeing old things being brought back to life again. I am wanting to deck out my boat, but I have very little carpenter skills, I'm a mechanic, not a carpenter. I'm also an Aircraft painter for Delta Air lines, so the painting of the aluminum I pretty much got that covered. I am asking for everyone's feed back and help, because I am clueless on how I want it laid out. Any help or advice would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks everyone, I hope ya'll enjoy.

boat4.jpg

boat3.jpg

[imghttps://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x468/dc3232/boat2.jpg][/img]
boat1.jpg

This is what everything looked like the day I brought it home.

Boat trailer before restore.

trailerbefore.jpg

Boat trailer after restore. (still have some touch ups to do)

boattrailernow2.jpg

boattrailernow.jpg

This was my project for today. I added a 20x10 lean too to my shed to park my boat under, and get it out of the weather.

100_0411.jpg

100_0412.jpg

100_0413.jpg

100_0414.jpg

100_0418.jpg

100_0417.jpg

100_0415.jpg

100_0416.jpg

Still have to finish putting on the metal roof. I'm going to eventually enclose it completely, just dont have the cash right now for the siding.

It does have a little pitch to it, but if water does sit, it will just evaporate when the sun heats it up. Yea pics are great, but sometimes you just cant see everything thing.

Dont have to worry about it getting snowed on anyways.. Boat looks good, Really hard to give ideas, I can barely think of my own.. :)

I know what you mean. I got a question. I read somewhere on here not to use pressure treated on aluminum. But I didn't know this when I replaced my transom. I used pressure treated wood, but I put a thick layer of paint of the boat before I installed the wood. Ya'll think this will be ok?

If it does snow it won't be enough of it to put a whole lot of weight up there. This whole shelter only cost me 42 bucks, so I'm not that worried about it.

Cant wait to get my shed finished so I can put the boat in there and start working on it.

when i redid the floors in my boat instead of putting wood back for the floor i used foam to save weight. . lowes has 5x8 sheets of foam i forgot whats its called but its blue its tough stuff. . but i cut it up into sections to fit between the ribs then put one flat peace to fit over the whole thing and put wood where ever the seats needed to screw into and just fit the foam around where ever i put wood . . glued it all down with silicone and used outdoor carpet glue down on top of the foam for the carpet. . ive had this setup for over a year now and havent had a problem . . just an idea

dc3232,

Not completelty sure on transom board, but my guess is that it will last awhile before you notice anything. Our project had a treated board and it was from 1976, had a treated transom board put in at some point by someone, the only corrosion was minor pocketing and slight rust. I bet the paint will provide you with plenty of time/use.

Ideas depend on the specs of your boat. Of concern would be the bottom floor width...check out boat thread on when to/not to deck. The width will determine if you need to keep decking low, or if you can put some highter decking as well. Once you know this I would determine if you want any storage or not.

Looks narrow, so I would think you would be safe to deck in and carpet that front storage, put a hatch over the hole, and could mount your trolling motor to the top of that decking. You could also try boxing in the back area to provide storage for gas tank, battery, whatever, but not too long so you can still reach your motor to drive.

If it's as naorrow as it looks, you can keep it simple and deck/carpet the floor and put nice seat posts and seats where the existing ones are, and have the front and back storage described above. It's a simple idea I know, but may be all you need!

tfizz

Thanks Buddy, I'll keep that in mind. I measured it before, and I believe its like 34 or 36 inches wide in the floor.

:p

I don't have the same exact boat...but mine is a 1977 Fisher Marine 1448.

Here is the thread to mine

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14440

Yea I just got through looking at it. I like what you've done to it. I'm thinking about doing my floors the same way, now that I've seen yours. I still want some type of storage though.

Latest posts