2011 Lowe 1448 MT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welcome to my thread! So I guess this all started about a year ago while I was hospitalized in a VA hospital. During my stay as a inpatient a fellow veteran visited and asked if anyone would like to go fishing. I quickly realized this was a opportunity to feel normal and get out of the hospital if only for a day. It turned out that the veteran taking me out was a pro fisherman and he gave me the down and dirty how to fish for bass and then preceded to give me everything but the boat! After writing every one of his sponsors that hooked me up I turned my focus to finding a boat. During that search I came across Tinboats on YouTube and well here I am today ready to start my own jon boat mod. I already have my first veteran scheduled for fishing in May, if the ice ever decides to go away (It snowed 12 inches here on opening day).

Attachments

• DSCN3134.JPG
    DSCN3134.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 3,623
  • L1448MT.png
    L1448MT.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 3,623
Nice boat,looks like you have a good plan.
Do you stand to cast or mostly sit/troll?
Just wondering,you might want a larger bow platform and trolling motor/battery up front if that were the case.
I hear theres some great fishing in Maine,of all species.
Sounds like your doing a good service as well,enjoy.

Hey Zum, Maine is awesome for fishing! The best landlocked salmon fishery in the world is less than 10 miles away. There is also a international muskie tournament and awesome trout streams just about every where in the north woods.
so about the casting, I am going to be using the boat for ducks as well so I need all the space I can get in the boat. I put the floor in yesterday and it was super easy, wicked cheap and came out really good. Today I am planing to build the switch box and try to get the electronics all done. I am finding out that my planing is not turning out as I hoped and I need to deviate from my plan on account of space issues. But I seem to have all the time in the world I just want the ice to melt before May!!!!!!!!! I'm going to post more pics later.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 3,472
  • arrhhh.jpg
    arrhhh.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 3,472
Nice boat man. You may want to consider switching the seats, the tiller might whack the back of the drivers seat in that setup. I've been looking at the Lowe 1448, I do have one question, how big is the livewell in the center seat?

Good advice on the seats! My original plan is turning out to be just how I originally wanted the boat layout to work. Although now that I am actually building it I seem to have to make changes because of functionality and space.
The live well is 27"x14"x14" and rite now I am trying to figure out if drilling a hole in the bottom side for a light is a good idea. I finished the switch box today all that is left is to add labels wire it in and mount it.

Attachments

• switchbox.jpg
    switchbox.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3,370
So the ice and snow finally went away the last few weeks of April and I had all the time to finish up things on the boat. I made a lot of changes to the original design plan but i like how it turned out. I also decided to name the boat Blind Date. I posted some new photos I hope you like them.

Attachments

• DSCN3280.JPG
    DSCN3280.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3287.JPG
    DSCN3287.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3282.JPG
    DSCN3282.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3283.JPG
    DSCN3283.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3285.JPG
    DSCN3285.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3286.JPG
    DSCN3286.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3291.JPG
    DSCN3291.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3292.JPG
    DSCN3292.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3284.JPG
    DSCN3284.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 3,096
  • DSCN3290.JPG
    DSCN3290.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,096
Sweet boat man! I like the flooring idea, cheap, simple, and it works! Question for ya, where did you get your anchor setup? That is exactly how I want mine and I can't find it anywhere! Catch any fish with her yet?

Thanks for the comments. The anchor set up is a Anchore Mate 2. I looked for ever trying to find one at a reasonable price. After bidding on ebay for a month I found one collecting dust at my local hunting store. After adding a 3 inch modified piece of steel to make the set up clear the gunwale then I was in business.

Hey, can you get a link or let me know where I can get those rubber mats for the floor, I think thats a good idea. I'm trying to look it up but I keep finding floor mats for cars. Thanks!

Latest posts