'71 Valco Mod - Just about finished!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Just about finished wrapping up my first boat project. I didn't get any photos with the old bench seats or transom on there. The deck is floating, meaning no structure supports in the way of storage areas.

Things Ive completed...

refinished exterior, painted interior
refinished bow bracket
resealed main seam line inside and out
replaced all existing hardware with stainless hardware
fabricated new transom boards and alum. gusset
fabricated and installed new alum. transom backing and side plates
body work on dents including stern brackets
cut and installed new polysterene foam
installed carpeted deck complete with hatches
fabricated stainless steel seat mounts for deck and seat including front seat riser
installed fused switch board
new cf numbers
installed fish finder
new bilge pump and seats
new 2011 Mercury 15hp 4stroke

Things I have yet to complete...

apply new Valco decals i designed (i have yet to put these on)
install new deck mounting angles
install stern and bow lights
install deck LED's
touchup paint
install trolling motor

Fantastic job...very clean look! You definitely work faster than me! :)

I was just telling my wife yesterday that I wanted to do an updated version of the valco decal in grey tones! Yours looks great!

Jdholmes said:
Fantastic job...very clean look! You definitely work faster than me! :)

I was just telling my wife yesterday that I wanted to do an updated version of the valco decal in grey tones! Yours looks great!
feel free to use mine if you want. i have vector format and know someone that will do two for 6 dollars total with shipping. they will fit on near stern on side of boat and are like 3" x 11" let me know!

That sounds like a great deal!

The only thing I am not sure on for my boat is the camo backing...with my boat being white and black/grey I don't know if the camo would quite flow with the scheme...

Ride_Klein said:
Boat looks great. Very clean work.
Thankyou! My first project and I am learning alot!
wasilvers said:
Nice look! She seems so propotionate - just about perfect!
Lots of planning went into this project. Stared at it for quiet some time. Thanks for the compliments!
fool4fish1226 said:
Real..........Nice great work
Thankyou! Stick around for new updates as I wrap up it up!
Jdholmes said:
That sounds like a great deal!

The only thing I am not sure on for my boat is the camo backing...with my boat being white and black/grey I don't know if the camo would quite flow with the scheme...
My boat is the same color scheme and it looks real nice when I hold it up. I am waiting for temps to rise before apply decal

Hey, I noticed you changed your side supports...did the ones you had made before not work out?

Sweet...do you have them sitting around as trash/willing to send them over to a pal? ;)

The decal looks wicked on...for sure a great job on that. Light years better than the original.

Also, did you decide where to put your led lighting yet? I was thinking under the lip of the benches might be a good discrete place...

Jdholmes said:
Also, did you decide where to put your led lighting yet? I was thinking under the lip of the benches might be a good discrete place...
Yea i was thinking of putting a few under the lip as you mentioned and a few under the stern corner brackets. Possibly one under the bow plate as well. I found a nice one on ebay for real cheap, i ordered 4 of them and they are bright as hell.
Jdholmes said:
Sweet...do you have them sitting around as trash/willing to send them over to a pal? ;)

The decal looks wicked on...for sure a great job on that. Light years better than the original.
I have them laying around, ill send em if you want to pay for shipping + $5. Let me know. Did you get the decal printed and applied? If so send me a picture.

Caught this one on the way home from work today, Ive been stoppin at fox grove to relax. Second cast using a red split tail grub like plastic. This is a small mouth right?

download-1.jpg

aeviaanah said:
Caught this one on the way home from work today, Ive been stoppin at fox grove to relax. Second cast using a red split tail grub like plastic. This is a small mouth right?

download-1.jpg

Kinda looks like a spot to me, but its a pretty blurry pic

Latest posts