V Hull Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky_madman

Reaction score
Well,
I've started the rebuild of my 14ft. 73' Starcraft V-Hull. This boat hadn't been moved in 4-5 years and was in desperate need of a make-over. Here's a few photos of what's been done so far. This site has been the inspiration for this build. Since this build started, I bought a bigger bass boat for Lake and big river fishing, so this will be used, mostly, in a electric-only reservoir. I'll rebuild & keep the 20hp Chrysler...just in case. Thanks for all of the input from the members here :D

This is what I started with
boat_001.JPG

boat_0021.JPG

Here's a few more photos
boat_003.JPG

boat_004.JPG

Here's the shell, cleaned out ready to start. You can see the 20hp Chrysler on the transom.
boat_0081.JPG

This is my 15 yr. old son applying the duplicolor bedliner.
boat_012.JPG

boat_010.JPG

few more photos
Checking New Seat Fit
boat_0071.JPG

Used Aluminum Angle iron for the supports
boat_017.JPG

Front Decking
boat_011.JPG

Front Deck after primer, awaiting Carpet
boat_019.JPG

Trolling Motor Mount - Bottom
boat_014.JPG

Trolling Motor Mount - Top
boat_015.JPG

Fresh Paint
boat_018.JPG

Once it starts to all come together, I'll take more detailed photos. I'll also take some outside of the paint, once the weather improves.

Thanks Waterwings. I'm using the same carpet as you.
Great Job Gator! It funny how similar our builds are shaping up to be. I ran pvc for wiring too, and used the seats to brace the decks. Very nice boat you've got there!

Thanks Waterwings. I'm using the same carpet as you.
Great Job Gator! It funny how similar our builds are shaping up to be. I ran pvc for wiring too, and used the seats to brace the decks. Very nice boat you've got there!

Been kind of slow lately, but I have a question. I'm putting in a cooler-type livewell. How do I run the drain? Can I "T" it in to the bilge pump hose? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

I have a pumpout drain in the bottom of my livewell and an overflow drain towards the top that are T'd together with a one way valve for the overflow. Mine's towards the front and I didn't want to run hose all the way to my bilge pump outlet. So I ran another outlet out of the side above the waterline.

Thannks for the info. I'm getting ready to add some new photos of the build-up.

Although I'm not done with the build, it was time to put it on the water...That means time to go fishing!

From This
boat_001.JPG

To This =D>
Boat_Pics_023.JPG

Boat_Pics_024.JPG

Boat_Pics_025.JPG

Boat_Pics_026.JPG

My oldest son's first fish of the year. The bite was slow, I guess because of a cold front, but still a good day on the water.
Boat_Pics_018.JPG

It did great! Hopefully I can give it another test ride this evening....If I can get my lawn mower going and cut some grass. Guess I should have been working more on the lawn mower and less on the boat. But a man has to have his priorities in line.....when the fish are biting and turkeys are gobbling, cutting grass can wait.
Boat_Pics_016.JPG

ky_madman said:
But a man has to have his priorities in line.....when the fish are biting and turkeys are gobbling, cutting grass can wait.

Amen to that! (As you can tell by all the weeds in my yard when this photo was taken!)

DSC00003.jpg

Latest posts