1984 Smoker Craft Big fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol sarge

Reaction score
I am so glad that I found this site. I recently bought a one owner 1984 14 foot Smoker Craft Big fisherman with a shore lander trailer for a cool $600. It is in good shape with everything on it original to the boat. Having never tackled a refurb before I was a bit intimidated at first but have went ahead and striped the old carpeting out and put new carpeting in. I have bought a new 12 volt, 55 lbs thrust Minn Kota Traxxis trolling motor as the main means of propulsion since I mainly fish central Wisconsin cranberry marshes which are chocked full of wood and most are electric only. I still have to put seats in ( thinking about going with the Slider G5) and rewire the trailer.I have a few other ideas like a small deck up front so I can have space for storage and a deck mate.

Attachments

• img_0202.jpg
    img_0202.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 3,079
  • img_0203.jpg
    img_0203.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 3,081
  • img_0204.jpg
    img_0204.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 3,081
  • img_0205.jpg
    img_0205.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 3,080
  • img_0208.jpg
    img_0208.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 3,079
  • img_0210.jpg
    img_0210.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 3,079
  • img_0211.jpg
    img_0211.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 3,080
  • img_0212.jpg
    img_0212.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 3,080
  • img_0327.jpg
    img_0327.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,080
  • img_0330.jpg
    img_0330.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,080
  • img_0331.jpg
    img_0331.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,079
Sorry I posted the photos in reverse order. I have not had the boat on the water yet so I have no idea of how it will handle. I am going to pull it in the garage this weekend and tackle the trailer lighting. I will post more photos as I go.

Like I said earlier owed one of these boat and sold it. I have to say one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. If anyone ever sees one of these for sale, please contact me.

Hey Sarge, could you measure the Smokercraft decal on your boat and let me know how long and how high it is? I have a Smokercraft without decals and I'm thinking about ordering some, but without dimensions I'm not sure what to order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, i have a 83 smoker craft big fisherman. Love the boat. Got it from my father as a gift shortly before he passed away. I do have some plans coming as it looks just like yours. It has a nice pulley anchor system that i can control from the rear of the boat so i can fish alone.

I would make sure your live-well hoses and fittings are good. I noticed on mine it had a fitting that had a slow leak.

My plans this spring is:repaint trailer, and boat. Put some rod holders so i can troll on some of the bigger lakes in Wisconsin. hoping to change the middle seat layout instead of extruding out towards middle running along sides of the boat like the newer models. Than i can use the middle and make a hinge for small storage for life jackets etc. Id love to see more updates and when i do mine I'll post pics also.

Latest posts