'73 1436 Eldocraft build up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tornado

Reaction score
I didn't find this site until I was near the end of my build-up, but here is what I have so far on my 1973 Eldocraft 1436:

Existing+boat+1.JPG

Existing+boat+2.JPG

Existing+boat+3.JPG

Started on the trailer first. Wire wheel the rust, primer and paint:
Trailer+paint+1.JPG

Trailer+paint+2.JPG

trailer+paint+3.JPG

Now the exterior. Scrap,sand, prime, mask, paint and decals:
paint+boat+1.JPG

paint+boat+2.JPG

paint+boat+3.JPG

paint+boat+4.JPG

Aluminum framing mostly 1x1x 1/8 & 1.5x1.5x 1/8 using pop rivets:
boat+framing+1.JPG

boat+framing+2.JPG

boat+framing+3.JPG

All mocked up with 3/8" plwood floors and rod holders:
boat+floor+mockup+1.JPG

boat+floor+mockup+2.JPG

boat+floor+mockup+3.JPG

I then disassembled everything and rolled the Basspro Tuff Coat on the sides, in the center storage area and rear battery compartment:
boat+rubber+paint+1.JPG

boat+rubber+paint+2.JPG

boat+rubber+paint+3.JPG

I have carpeted the plywood and painted the rest of the interior but I don't have pictures yet. I am hoping to be done this weekend or next.

It hasn't been in the water since I started on the interior(Aug. '07), but I am hoping to float it in a shortly. I've got it 97% done tonight, just need to finish a little wiring and reassemble the front control deck, I'll get some more pictures soon. The Mustang is an '86 LX w/ an '85 GT motor, it's my other toy! :wink:

Dont see a hitch on the Stang. Paint looks pretty close, probally look cool running down the road.
I could get to pond much quicker towing with it!
Here is the finished project:
finished+boat+1+rear.JPG

finished+boat+2+rear.JPG

finished+boat+3+middle.JPG

finished+boat+4+front.JPG

finished+boat+5+hatch.JPG

finished+boat+6+rear.JPG

Great job! Are those flush-mount rod holders fixed into the rear seat on each side?
No, I only have the one, couldn't find a good place far enough away from that one. I got some roller bunks for Christmas and once I put those on I should be done with it for a while.

I finally got it wet yesterday and it did better than expected. It wasn't tippsy at all while seated and it was pretty stable even while I stood on the front deck. My little 24# thrust trolling motor needs an upgrade now though, it is slower now with the extra weight. It is much quieter also now.
We went to Banks Lake in Lakeland, GA. It is a wonderful 1000 acre lake with great facilities, the only thing that would make it perfect is if it had some fish! We took a three boat party out and only three fish were caught, but the boat did so great I am happy.
I don't have a zoom on the camera I brought but that first picture shows a 10-12ft jon loaded with 3 large men and the waterline was only 4" below the edge of the boat :shock:
The second show our fleet, mines on the right.

Attachments

• 101_8105-s.JPG
    101_8105-s.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 8,111
  • 101_8106-s.JPG
    101_8106-s.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 8,093
had a question, looks like ur using aluminum for the bracing,, ,, where did u get that type of aluminum,, like homedepot, lowes, ace, or it was a welding shop you picked up?? and how did ya cut it?

thanks

https://www.onlinemetals.com
I got most of the metal from this site. I did all of my cutting using a metal cutting blade in my jig saw. It cut very easy with the jig saw but I went through about six blades and ten 1/8" drill bits for all the pop rivets.

How was the fishing in Banks lake ive been thinking about making a trip down there to fish it! Do you know any good clean hotels in the area?

Latest posts