My First Post and Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CompleteFisherman

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I really love this website, it has given me so many ideas for different conversions. I am going to start my first conversion on my Lowe 1236 and would love to hear your guys input on my design and how it could be improved. My plan for the boat is to start by placing a front deck on. I might later add onto it with more storage in the back later on (can't have a livewell due to living in BC :( ) as well as removable flooring.
Basically, I want this deck to be removable (because I load the boat onto the roof of my truck) and also very stable. From the design, I have two small storage compartments for tackle and tools and maybe a large one in front of the middle seat for life jackets. I cannot get my hands on marine carpet so I will have to use outdoor carpet. Also, for securing the wood into a frame, would metal brackets be better or just nails and screws and does my design look structurally sound.
Thanks everyone,
CompleteFisherman

Attachments

• jon1.png
    jon1.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 614
  • jon2.png
    jon2.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 614
My tip is to have a plan, but be ready to improvise a lot. Things work in theory, even on paper or autocad, but sometimes in application you will find problems that arise or things that warrant a change of plans.

That plan looks good, I am sure you will change your mind and want to do more to your boat as you go along. If I were you, I would buy a trailer and mod the rest of the boat to suit your needs. That loading and unloading on your truck will get old after a while, especially after a long day of fishing or a sudden weather change......would not be cool to have rain pouring on your head as you dis assemble your deck.....just my two cents though.

Latest posts