MINE ALL MINE!!! Lowe 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inlovewithsurfin

Reaction score
i cant even begin to describe how incredibly excited i am!!!! just got back picking up my new boat! thats right... "Buckshot's" BIG brother!!! ill let the pictures speak for them selves... (when this crazy storm passes ill take a bunch more and better pictures)

mine.jpg
mine1.jpg
mine3.jpg
mine4.jpg
mine5.jpg
mine7.jpg

15 horse Yamaha outboard, front mount trolling motor, battery box, fuel tank/line, fish finder, and much more included! (a trailer was included but litteraly broke in half when we were pushing it out of PO's backyard...) but i have the title to the trailer and boat! :) all of this for $500!!!!!

It pisses me off I just bought a 12' for $500 and got like half the stuff!

Congrats tho man, I'll be following your work on this! You seem to work pretty fast soooo I'll give you 36 hours before I expect it to look totally different. Lol

all my friends who have boats and even my future father in law hate me right now!!! haha... and i still cant get over how amazing of a deal this was! not trying to brag or rub it in anyones faces! :)

i think this boat will have to wait just a week or so before i do some work to it? maybe... i still have the Delhi 1430 and Evinrude 9.9 that i need to fix up and get running tomorrow so that i can sell it and get a little cash.

(gumbo860) $500 is still a good deal for a 12ft boat with some extras!! have you started any mods on it yet? whats your build thread ill check it out!

I haven't started anything on it yet. I'm taking my class tomorrow to get my boaters license since this is my first boat, then hopefully next week get the boat and trailer registered and get started. I just went on vacation so moneys a little tight right now. I still have to take it out as is to see how standing on the benches is so I can judge my front deck height.

gumbo860 said:
I haven't started anything on it yet. I'm taking my class tomorrow to get my boaters license since this is my first boat, then hopefully next week get the boat and trailer registered and get started. I just went on vacation so moneys a little tight right now. I still have to take it out as is to see how standing on the benches is so I can judge my front deck height.

In Florida we take the class online.

Glad to see you've started a project like most of us!

Yeah I know don't rub it in :( CT is one of few that still have a physical class. 8 hours long too. Ugh.

Looking forward to modding tho, taking inspiration from your builds!

gumbo860 said:
Yeah I know don't rub it in :( CT is one of few that still have a physical class. 8 hours long too. Ugh.

Looking forward to modding tho, taking inspiration from your builds!

I took a class down here in Texas some years back. Lots of good info! At least here it was. Covered way more than just laws. They taught knots and all kinds of other stuff.

To the original poster, that's an awesome boat for a screaming deal! Enjoy it.

Congratulations.....what a killer deal. I would upgrade the engine in the future. Put a 25 on her and you will be able to skurf behind that rig. =D> =D> =D> =D>

I repeat:

...and in the shadowy cavern, wherein the incarnation of TinBoat addiction quietly goes about his business, a throaty chuckle filters out from the depths, as the sound of the clicking of ivory counters marks the gathering of yet another soul.

"Sooo easy," says the wraith, "and a young one too. I'll have him in my ranks for many years. He'll always find just 'one more' which will make life better."

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

=D> GREAT deal, and a nice package. I do hope your fiance is noting how easily you fall prey into the gathering of "stuff." This will be a life-long behavior pattern. :)

Be safe, and have fun.

Kismet said:
I repeat:

...and in the shadowy cavern, wherein the incarnation of TinBoat addiction quietly goes about his business, a throaty chuckle filters out from the depths, as the sound of the clicking of ivory counters marks the gathering of yet another soul.

"Sooo easy," says the wraith, "and a young one too. I'll have him in my ranks for many years. He'll always find just 'one more' which will make life better."

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

=D> GREAT deal, and a nice package. I do hope your fiance is noting how easily you fall prey into the gathering of "stuff." This will be a life-long behavior pattern. :)

Be safe, and have fun.

lol... as far as the fiance goes... i told her this is my way of making money for the wedding ;) i buy a cheap boat, fix it up, and sell it for a little profit! its fun and so far has been working out well.... as far as a life long behavior pattern... yes!!! i love my little "hobbies" and anything that has to do with them! lol...

after looking at your post it seems we have similar tendencies! :)

bigwave said:
Congratulations.....what a killer deal. I would upgrade the engine in the future. Put a 25 on her and you will be able to skurf behind that rig. =D> =D> =D> =D>

the transom says its rated for a 20horse... which means a 25 would probably be fine :) however i am thinking this boat will be a dual purpose rig? all fresh water lakes around here have a 10 or under limit. but i am definitely going into some back rivers and the bay with this boat! so i was considering putting 9.9 decals on the side of my 15 and seeing if i cant get away with that? anyone out there been there done that? ever gotten in trouble for it? lol...

so the rain let up this morning for me to pressure wash the boat and try and work on the two motors... heres a few pictures and also a video of the yamaha 15 running... i wasnt able to get the 9.9 running :/ even after a new coil i still didnt have spark on one cylinder. i even jumped the kill switch and still no spark... so i have determined that i need a power pack? anyone else think it could be anything else? as far as the yamaha video... it started up one the 2nd pull!!! sounds a little sluggish? and there isnt any water coming out of the spit hole so looks like i will be replacing the impeller!? it only ran for about as long as the video is so dont yell at me for running it with the impeller not working please :) i think i am going to leave the boat the way it is for now. just gonna get the motor in running shape and fish it the way it is untill i am done with the 1430 and 9.9 i have.

heres the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIFrhI3JRLY&feature=youtu.be

the decking all out...
mine8.jpg
mine9.jpg
mine10.jpg
heres the PO's custom decking
mine11.jpg
the carpet is a little old
mine12.jpg
mine13.jpg
mine14.jpg
the future father-in-law and i working on the 9.9 while my fiance and her dog relax in the boat
mine15.jpg

I have friends who did the 9.9 to 15 upgrade and kept the cowling with old horsepower. Of course a lot would depend on local and state enforcing said rules and Illinois is easy to get along with. Patrol stop at local lake and you could be busted. [-X

hunterguy86 said:
I took a class down here in Texas some years back. Lots of good info! At least here it was. Covered way more than just laws. They taught knots and all kinds of other stuff.

To the original poster, that's an awesome boat for a screaming deal! Enjoy it.

I learned all of my knots in fire college and my signature knot is the Modified bowline knot that I can make in under 2 seconds. They actually made us make knots blindfolded in full gear in the burn house and test them by dragging someone out with it.

I'll post an instructional on how to make the speed bowline, takes a while to learn but when you are at the dock and start flipping the rope around like your crazy and voila a bowline pops out, people start asking questions. I had a fisherman show me a few of his honey holes in trade for a five minute lesson on that knot.

Darn good trade if you ask me!

Hey there neighbor! I live in Newport News. Anyhow, awesome deal you got on the jon boat! Did you happen to get this off of craigslist? I think I saw a boat similar for the same price.

Brandon said:
Hey there neighbor! I live in Newport News. Anyhow, awesome deal you got on the jon boat! Did you happen to get this off of craigslist? I think I saw a boat similar for the same price.

haha... ya you saw the same one i bought! it took many emails and 3 days for the guy to actually call me to go get it and his trailer broke litterally in half before it moved a foot... then the massive storm hit! but i eventually got the boat home to my house where i am going to use the heck out of it! :)

inlovewithsurfin said:
Brandon said:

haha... ya you saw the same one i bought! it took many emails and 3 days for the guy to actually call me to go get it and his trailer broke literally in half before it moved a foot... then the massive storm hit! but i eventually got the boat home to my house where i am going to use the heck out of it! :)

Awesome! What a killer deal!! I almost emailed them just for the motor. Looking for a small outboard myself. Have fun and fish the crap out of her.

ifish4redd said:
on motor clean out pee hole,thy clog siting long time,yamaha decals at boats.net

man your a lifesaver! lol... i was all ready to tear the lower unit apart to see what the impeller looked like and i figured id try what you said first! it seems to be working flawlessly now! thank you very much!

Latest posts