Boat seat help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babills

Reaction score
I am working on my lone star commander and I want to put a couple swivel boat seats in it. They have to be removable though, and I don't want to use those clamp style ones that screw on the bench and I don't want to spend 50.00 a seat for a plate and pin style either. So is there a way to do it? can I drill a hole in the wooden bench and screw a big washer down for a pin to slip in? any advise or ideas are appreciated. Thanks Denny

the mounting bases and pedastals arent that much, you can get both for around 40 bucks. probally cheaper with all the sales right now. i would advise against trying to rig something, it wont be sturdy and probally will fail when ur fishing and youll spend more time fighting it then its worth... just my .02

I went both ways . . . I have 3" foam on all my bench seats which has snap covers so I can easily remove them to store inside (the boat is always stored outside), then I have one swivel drivers seat that goes thru the foam and can be removed at night while camping.

Attachments

• SeatCushions.jpg
    SeatCushions.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 513

Latest posts