First boat. 1432 Jon boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coreyprashaw

Reaction score
Hey guys, my first mod. looking for some answers or just tips to doing it. Hoping it can be a nice little project to get done before winter!

Hope to hear back from you guys soon!
Corey

Welcome aboard Corey! No pun intended. Post some pics so we can see what your working on. Tons of 14 footers on here to help you along.

Some more pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 1,916
  • IMG_4477.jpg
    IMG_4477.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 1,916
I know you said you hope to get this project done before winter and I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure winter has already arrived where you are, judging by those pics. :lol: :lol:

Welcome and as mentioned pull up a chair and start looking through the different mods that have been done and you'll get all kinds of ideas on what to do and some good info on how to do them.

Hahaha I meant by winters end. Lol and yeah I've been looking, just looking for what's safe and what's not.

A 14 is not super long and 32 is pretty slim so those dimensions are pretty much going to rule out raised decks IMO. What type of fishing do you plan on using this boat for?

Large and small mouth bass. Plan on bow mounting a 55 pound thrust trolling motor to the front and putting an old 7.5 horse outboard on the back. My plans are to remove the middle seat and put a level floor over the entire bottom of the boat. Carpet that and build a small storage in the front. I plan on throwing a seat directly on top of the back seat and then another pedestal seat in the front that swivels. How's that sound? Or can I try to make it a bit fancier?

hey guys, cut out the front bench seat today. left 6 inches on both sides to mount a cup holder and the 2 fish finders. any ideas on this? will it weaken the durability? my next plan is to ad a little bit of storage to the front and just sitting on that. I will be standing for the most part, so a seat will come later in the year.

Hey good luck with your build. I have a 1432 myself and kept it simple. I carpeted plywood over the 3 bench seats and put low pedestal seat mounts on all three as well. I have 2 seats that pop out and can be moved; at times we spread out and I stay in the in back and my partner will move the seat up front. I have a 55lb thrust Minkota on mine and it pushes it well with me (210lbs) and my son (110). When my buddy is with me (300) its not as fast but we move well into the breeze even; boat is still stable with the 2 of us. Now when im with my son or wife, I stand to fish and they know to let me know if they are going to move around. I live in Florida and fish the fresh water canals that connect to a small lake. I like this size boat as it is easy to navigate and what not.

To start I did strip of the original coast of paint, primed it and painted it olive green and camo painted after that. I plan on adding switches soon and my bilge will be connected to that with my depth finder and possibly lights. Currently I want redoing my bunks, bunk brackets and trailer lights. I will probably be taking the trailer to a welder to extend the tongue. I will have to post some pics.

Again, good luck. Its a good sized boat, for one or two people. I recently sold one that was 48 at the bottom and the difference of stability was night and day. Just be mindful of what you are doing and like the other member said, I wouldnt have decking.

Latest posts