My project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaarc

Reaction score
Well here are some before pics of the MV1448 Sea Arc I plan to modify once I finalize a floor plan.

normal_pics_080.jpg

normal_pics_081.jpg

normal_pics_083.jpg

normal_pics_084.jpg

normal_pics_085.jpg

normal_pics_086.jpg

normal_pics_087.jpg

Dave

Well I made the plunge and cut out the center seat today. So I guess this project is under way. Has anyone used the roll on bedliner on the inside of the hull? If so will this quiet down the hull any at all? I looked for it at Lowes tonight but they don't carry it. Who does?

Thanks Dave

seaarc said:
Well I made the plunge and cut out the center seat today. So I guess this project is under way. Has anyone used the roll on bedliner on the inside of the hull? If so will this quiet down the hull any at all? I looked for it at Lowes tonight but they don't carry it. Who does?

Thanks Dave

Walmart sells it. It will work, but it soaks up the hot sun like no ones business. I put it on all my pickups.

Instead of bedliner, you could put foam under the floor to help deaden the sound. I've seen a lot of guye use that pink insulation foam from Home Depot. Just a thought.

Gator Tom said
Instead of bedliner, you could put foam under the floor to help deaden the sound. I've seen a lot of guye use that pink insulation foam from Home Depot. Just a thought.

I wonder if this stuff is closed cell so that it don't absorb water? I had planned on cutting up the foam that was under the middle bench I cut out and spreading it out in the floor. I was wanting the spray or roll in bed liner for it's waterproofing effect also.

Dave

That is the type of foam I am using on my jon. I was concerned about it being closed cell so I weighted down a piece in a bucket of water for several days. No water absorption.

GatorTom said:
No direct experience, but from what I have read that pink foam is not gas resistant. It will turn into a pink goo under your floor if you spill some gas in the bilge and it get washed into contact with it.

Ouachita said:
GatorTom said:
No direct experience, but from what I have read that pink foam is not gas resistant. It will turn into a pink goo under your floor if you spill some gas in the bilge and it get washed into contact with it.
I have experienced the pink foam not being gas resistant, But in order for it to turn to goo it would have to be submerged it gas. I personal is currently using the pink foam. Honest is there ay foam ou there that is gas resistant. My experience and 2cents

firefighterfree said:
Ouachita said:
GatorTom said:
I have experienced the pink foam not being gas resistant, But in order for it to turn to goo it would have to be submerged it gas. I personal is currently using the pink foam. Honest is there ay foam ou there that is gas resistant. My experience and 2cents

There is foam that resists gas, I think it's polyethylene? I'm thinking it's the stuff that those swimming pool noodles are made of. I had bought a sheet of it for a jon boat flooring project but sold the boat instead. #-o I had to go to a speciality foam place I found online. I think you could even get different densities to support more or less weight. Try looking up foam sheet online or even in local phone book.

Nice boat...WICKED AWESOME MOTOR! (ya...Massachusetts). Anyway, I'm curious to understand all the hubub over sound proofing/insulation? I've never noticed excessive noise on my prior jon boat, and I'm not recording my debut album on the lake...so what's the concern? :?

Latest posts