15' Gregor So Cal style

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got2fishsd

Reaction score
Here is my 15' Gregor I picked up right around the first of the year. Boat had a lot of the work done and more importantly has killed a lot of fish.

Trailer has roller guides for beach launching in La Jolla. I might add a third wheel to the tongue and walk the boat attached to the trailer into the water. Then hook a tow strap to the trailer and pull the whole rig onto the beach the hook up and drive home.

The first thing I did was pick up a 4 stroke 15hp mercery. Runs great with two guys. I burn about 1.5 gallons ever two trips. A lot of the lakes around only let you run 4 strokes so the motor works great.

As far as the boat it is a 1981 hull. Center foam has been removed for storage as well as the bow. Anchor fits well in the front storage. Floors are a great additions and make the day much more comfortable.

I have about 6 trips so far. I will be fishing local lakes with my 3 year old son for trout. Trolls a little to fast right now about 3 mph. Added two driftmaster rod holders to the oar locks. I did have to bend them up a little so the troll the flat lines with spinning reels great.

I will try a drift sock next trip. Have been hoop netting for lobster and the boat works great for that. Easy to hook up tow and clean. Still getting a bait tank set up to fish the yellowtail and white sea bass.

Attachments

• IMG_1261.JPG
    IMG_1261.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 779
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 779
Welcome,
That picture of your son is the best!! Don't be too upset when he is outfishing you by the time he is 10, my 3 sons did it to me. My youngest is now 27, time passes quickly so take it all in. You will find more info on this site and some great folks as well. Have fun doing your mods on your boat and make sure you share with us along the way. Fish On!

@ scottmac
he is out fishing me already that's what it is all about. Last trip he caught all the fish on his two foot Spider-Man rod on the troll. Pretty funny to watch him reel in fish. He just sits on the middle bench and reels with the rod between his legs the fish will be all the way up by the now and he just keeps reeling.

I am going to try and not spend a bunch of money an time changing this boat. Funny thing is I also have a 24' center console. Since I have had this boat I have done nothing with the big boat. Fished this thing 6 times to none. It is just Soo much easier.

Latest posts