Help with Shallow V Floor framing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashvillegtrplyr

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I am loving this site! My second boat refinish, first vhull.
Main question is help or ideas on floor instal. Not a lot of ribs. Boat came bare with no seats. Need to use wood for cost. Want to keep removable for cleaning.
Problem right now is the height of the floor. I would like to get the braces closer to the floor and not come up so high. Also, this 3/4 plywood is heavy. Anyone experience less weight/same strength using 2x2's and 1/2 ply instead of 3/4?

Looking forward to posting more pics and getting some much needed advice.

Thanks for any info or input you may have on this project!
Right now the wood work is pretty much a hack job until I get everything figured out. I'm definitely not a carpenter, butt this is more of a real life mockup for me. Once I get the floor height were I want it, the rest will be less painful. What I want ideally is for the floor to be as tall as the too edge of the ribs on each side. Right now everything is resting on the ribs for support and its just making the floor too tall. Thanks again everyone for checking this out and putting in your 2 cents on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 634
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 634
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 634
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 634
2X2's and 1/2 inch ply should be fine. Be sure to treat it though. That should help with the weight as well as the height.

Welcome to the forum! :WELCOME:

Hey! Thanks for responding. I've got a gallon of thompsons it's gonna get coated tomorrow. Took everything apart and completely redid framing and decking. Now is sitting a solid 5" from bottom in center of boat from front to back. ( well until the front seat, that will be an elevated deck.

Ill update the pics and will do a full post when finished with all of the picks. And work... :). Thanks again!

Latest posts