I have just $850 invested in the hull, trailer, & engine thanks to craigslist & a buddy.
here's the hull prior to modification:
my '92 Evinrude 30 longshaft with electric start + 3 sheets of 4'x4' 1/4" diamond plate:
Since the motor is long shaft, I added a transom plate to raise the motor up 5.75" bringing the cavitation plate even with the bottom of the hull. I also built a switch panel in the rear bench to house the electric key start, lanyard kill switch, bilge pump switch, & nav/anchor light switch. I installed a floor in the cockpit area to keep from tripping over the ribs or standing in water during heavy rain. All of the framing & decking was done using 1/8" aluminum angle and 1/4" diamond plate. The sides of the gunbox are 1/4" oak plywood sealed with oil based polyurethane (not exposed to sunlight so it will last plenty long enough for me, spar varnish/urethane would've been better....), and the floor is supported on the ends with 1" pine boards sealed with roll-on bedliner from Lowe's. Once I finish this entire project, I'll post up a final material list including costs.
here's the rear floor before & after:
this is the front deck during the build:
thank you to tinboats for the cardboard floor template method:
deck completed, jack plate installed, & motor mounted:
updates to follow