'67 super seaman boat plug issue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimG

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have a 67 super seaman and my issue is with the boat plug.

It's a threaded style plug and its stripped. Has anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?
Thanks much!

If the threads on the plug are stripped, get a new plug.
If the threads on the thru hull are stripped, file them smooth and use an expanding bilge plug.
Tim

[url=https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315711#p315711 said:
earl60446 » Today, 21:32[/url]"]If the threads on the plug are stripped, get a new plug.
If the threads on the thru hull are stripped, file them smooth and use an expanding bilge plug.
Tim

Thx Earl, it is my hull, but on this boat the plug is on the bottom of the boat, won't the pressure push that plug out?

Those expanding plugs get real tight, as tight as you tighten them down. Before you start filing though, make sure you get a plug that will fit in there. When the screw is loose, the plug should barely slide in and then when you tighten the screw, it should get very tight. No way it will come out on its own if snugged down.
Tim

Can you put it in on the inside of the hull? If you can it would eliminate the rest of the plug extruding down on the bottom of the boat. Just an idea

This plugs on the bottom of these boat are really big if it is like the on I have in and old Jon boat you will need to go to Home Depot and get a pipe plug. A 1 1/4 one should do the trick if it as big as mine the other type of plugs will not work they to small

Latest posts