14' Valco deep v conversion COMPLETE w/ pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMBDave

Reaction score
Bought this 14' valco off a guy on craigslist for $300, it was a little rough when I got it, but the potential was endless. It is 14' 6" from stern to bow, and it has a 65" beam. I put about another $150 and a week of work into it and I think it came out looking pretty good. The boat does not leak a drop and it is incredibly stable in the water.

This is what it looked like when I bought it for $300:

Then I got to work on it:

This is what it looks like now:

What's it worth now?

Latest addition to the the boat...45lb thrust Minn Kota Edge bow mount with a custom made motor mount. For those of you who have wondered how to install a bow mount trolling motor onto a boat that only has a thin gunwale, this is one way to do it.

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

After test fitting the board, I treated it with a water proofing wood stain and then carpeted it to make it look nice.
Then I mounted the motor with 2" stainless steel leg bolts.

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4390.jpg

IMG_4391.jpg

So more new stuff that i added to the boat.

Front pedestal seat, livewell, rod racks, and a trailer.

IMG_4401.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

(I added the ruler.)

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

Picked up the trailer on Craigslist for $350, it was in really nice condition when I got it, but I did install a brand new winch, tongue jack and wiring harness.

She's pretty much completely finished now, still waiting on some decals for the side of the boat.

Hopefully you're still alive and floating... :D
How did you attach the wood stringers in the nose section?
Any problems with the weight transferring to the floor on just the 2X4 uprights?

HendersonPhoto said:
Hopefully you're still alive and floating... :D
How did you attach the wood stringers in the nose section?
Any problems with the weight transferring to the floor on just the 2X4 uprights?

Its hard to tell from the pictures, but the stringers in the nose are actually metal and I believe them to be factory. I am still alive and well thank you for your concern, I've done many boat conversions and this one is still my favorite, I actually still own the boat and fish it on a regular basis, it is still holding strong and is very stable even with two people.

Latest posts