just pulled the trigger on tracker 1542 and 25hp evinrude et

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attyjeff

Reaction score
I have had numerous boats all my life. But I am at an age where I think less will be easier and more enjoyable.
This will be a jon used in salt water, Florida. I have been looking and looking on this site and lookes like I am leaning towards putting down aluminum diamond plate for the floor with the blue or other sealed foam sheets under the diamond plate. The motor is a new 25hp etec motor and came with a 6 year no deductible warranty, its a 15 inch shaft and also pull string wth tiller. The boat is new as well. I like or plan on fishing the flats for redfish and trout. And thoughts or ideas? Thanks, Jeff

Congrats on the boat. Plan sounds good so far. Just browse through the other builds here for other ideas & tips.

attyjeff said:
I have had numerous boats all my life. But I am at an age where I think less will be easier and more enjoyable.
This will be a jon used in salt water, Florida. I have been looking and looking on this site and lookes like I am leaning towards putting down aluminum diamond plate for the floor with the blue or other sealed foam sheets under the diamond plate. The motor is a new 25hp etec motor and came with a 6 year no deductible warranty, its a 15 inch shaft and also pull string wth tiller. The boat is new as well. I like or plan on fishing the flats for redfish and trout. And thoughts or ideas? Thanks, Jeff
Hey Jeff, Welcome to Tin Boats and it sounds like you are from around these parts. Be sure to fill out your profile so we can see where you are. Tin Boaters are everywhere and very prolific.....almost like rabbits.
Congrats on your Tracker great for the flats, your floor mod sounds good. Be sure to post pictures, we like to see what you are doing. I fish the flats and grouper dig off shore here in Hudson, Fl. Jerry :)