G ideas for back deck build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotshotinn

Reaction score
I am wanting to build in the back part behind my bench seat to the transin. I have a 1648 alumacraft Jon boat with a jet mother onit. I plan on useing aluminium on it and wood like to get some ideas and maybe pictures of boats that have been done.I have seen a few pictures of this here some time ago but cannot find them now.can anyone help?
thanks

Lots of threads on here with lots of ideas to help you. Have you checked out the other builds? Several of our boats have aluminum framing.

lets see if these download. i used a diamond plate tailgate protector

Attachments

• lid 2.jpg
    lid 2.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 1,380
  • lid 1.jpg
    lid 1.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 1,380
Now that right there is what I am talking about.Doing it somethng like that.My boat is compleetly open back there so I would have to add some side pieces.Wondering if I could get by with a big one piece or have stationary pieces on eace side with a opener like you have?thanks for pictures

will do some more looking on the forums.I did look some but didnt see any pictures of what im looking for

Cool idea! Never seen that one before. I'll be stealing it in short order :) Of course you could also use plywood and/or aluminum plate and ange, but this is a lot cooler and seems like it would be less cost and effort in the long run. If you pant it well and use stainless steel hardware, it will probably even hold up in a saltwater/marine environment.

One bit of advise on the piano hinge, don't drill all the holes first. Start on one side drill a couple and start putting bolts in as u make your way to the other end.

I always throw my leg back there to steer, and I haven't figured out a way to accommodate that with a safe deck/platform. So I'm watching for an idea myself. :popcorn:

Has anyone ever built their back area in behind the back bench seat?I want to build mine in but use alumni mum instead of wood.Those that have done this can you show some pictures of your builds?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=341560#p341560 said:
Scott1298 » 12 Feb 2014, 00:37[/url]"]I always throw my leg back there to steer, and I haven't figured out a way to accommodate that with a safe deck/platform. So I'm watching for an idea myself. :popcorn:

you could make the lid recessed by 6" or so and cutt a seat post down so you could be slightly elevated and still have a "well" to rest your foot in.

Yes I see it is made of alumimum and you did a great job onit to.Thank you for putting the picture.I am wondering is anyone else has done it with pictures ?I am wanting some more ideas about the tube frame work and that there.I have some one inch tube for the build in.This is for the build in area behind the back bench seat

Yes I see it is made of alumimum and you did a great job onit to.Thank you for putting the picture.I am wondering is anyone else has done it with pictures ?I am wanting some more ideas about the tube frame work and that there.I have some one inch tube for the build in.This is for the build in area behind the back bench seat

I was wondering if anyone has ever built in they back area behind the bench seat?I have a 1648 that I want to do this to and picture could give me some ideas on the build.I have one inch square alumimum for this ready togo

I like the double doors in this build. Sure you would have to do some tweaking if you had a motor off the back-end.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33314

I will be starting the rear deck build on my boat tomorrow. It will be done with aluminum tube, like the rest of my boat, which can be seen at the link below. It will have a hatch that lifts from the back, and I will leave an opening for ventilation to the gas tank area. It will have plywood and carpet on the framing eventually.

Hello out there.thank you for the ideas on the back of the bench build.I keep watch for more ideas to.If anyone else is wanting to post picture they can do it on here.

Here is mine, I used 1 x 2 tubing though. This could easily be riveted together, but I welded mine.

Attachments

• pho 1.JPG
    pho 1.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 225
  • oto 2.JPG
    oto 2.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 225
  • hg.JPG
    hg.JPG