new build ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhef

Reaction score
my fishing partner bought the tx17 i built last year. so now im pondering on this years build. I fish a few local all electric lakes and tournaments alot smaller lakes then they have in georgia.but theres a few backwater places i go to and they get pretty shallow in summer. i was thinking of a gheenoe at first but now im thinking a 14 to 15 foot jon on a magic tilt trailer. on my tx17 i have a 70lb bow mount and a 70 lb transom mount locked down in forward position with a bigfoot switch.
ok heres the questions
1. do you guys think 1 36 volt 101 on bow would be as fast as 2 70s or faster?
2. would the shorter boat benefit from the larger troller?
3. if i went with two motors has someone came up with a way to steer the transom troller from the bow?
4. is there much difference in stability between a 1542 and a 1548?
every year i play in the shop with a different build but the all electric i built last year has kinda stuck with me,my partner got bit by the all electric fishing and sold his big bass boat and bought mine. so i get to start from scratch on this one.
looking for ideas and tips from you fellas

jhef said:
1. do you guys think 1 36 volt 101 on bow would be as fast as 2 70s or faster?
2. would the shorter boat benefit from the larger troller?
3. if i went with two motors has someone came up with a way to steer the transom troller from the bow?
4. is there much difference in stability between a 1542 and a 1548?
There is a lot to consider here.
1. The 36v 101 is rated at 101lbs of static thrust and the 2 24v 70's total 140lbs of static thrust.
At the same time, these things run on batteries which are very heavy and we are only looking at 15' of flotation here
weight is not a tin boaters friend.
2. I'm guessing that by "Benefit", you mean speed. Speed is a function of waterline length...a shorter boat will be generally
slower than a longer boat If they are both loaded with the same gear. (shorter boat rides deeper)
3. If the front is controlled by foot, you could use a remote control fob to control the rear one.
4. There would be a slight difference, the larger boat at a waterline of 4" vs the smaller boat WL of 4" follows
6" (difference in width) X15' (length) X 4" Waterline depth) = 4320 cu inches or 2.5 cu ft. for a displacement of 130 lbs.

I hope this helps you with your project. I have to go get a beer now, my head hurts. Jerry

Latest posts