16 ft semi-v Hunting boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatorslayer

Reaction score
I have been reading on this site for a while and just recently bought a jon boat suitable for a project. I would like to have an all aluminum floor and redo the paint in camo.
NCM_0063.JPG
NCM_0070.JPG
NCM_0069.JPG
NCM_0067.JPG
NCM_0068.JPG
NCM_0066.JPG

Alright iv gotten it stripped down for the most part. Its really not that bad inside and i think it will be a good build.I have also started some of the aluminum bracing.
NCM_0077.JPG
NCM_0078.JPG
NCM_0079.JPG
NCM_0080.JPG
NCM_0081.JPG
NCM_0082.JPG

Today has been a rainy day which means no physical progress. I have however decided the location of storage hatches. As well as how to add more support to the front deck. I mostly am trying to figure out the fastest/cost efficient way of cleaning and removing the paint. Any suggestions? I have used a wire disk thus far however this is incredibly tedious! I would use a flap disk but i feel this may be too aggressive?

Well i got to thinking that the angle i used up front wasn't going to be stable enough for the abuse i was going to be putting it through so i'v taken that out and will rebuild it with 1X2 square tube. Today i got to work on stripping the paint i decided to go with chemicals rather than risk compromising my hull
NCM_0083.JPG
This a little ways in...
NCM_0084.JPG
NCM_0085.JPG
Then this is where i ended up today i plan to finish tomorrow
NCM_0086.JPG

Attachments

• NCM_0087.JPG
    NCM_0087.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 497
  • NCM_0088.JPG
    NCM_0088.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 497
Finished up the bottom today but only started a little of the inside before a rainstom chased me inside
NCM_0089.JPG
NCM_0090.JPG
NCM_0091.JPG
notice the gloomy sky in the background I dont think i want to be hanging out with a metal boat for this....

Latest posts