Alumacraft 1236 Project

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

So I just picked up a Alumacraft 1236 jon boat from a guy who had bought it from a dealer, used it twice and then decided he wanted a 10 foot. The boat is I almost perfect condition beside the transom which is a little scratched up. I will be adding carpeted plywood floors, carpeted bench seat with padded seat and swivels. I'm going to kep this updated whenever I add something.
Last edited by Maxamillion on 28 Apr 2014, 13:01, edited 6 times in total.

DrNip

1236 Build Start

Post by DrNip »

Wha-what?

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Upgrades

Post by Maxamillion »

Bump

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

This is the Johnson Seahorse 6hp motor that my grandpa had laying around, it is in very good shape and runs great! Now I just have to go back and pick it up.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

Here are some pictures of the Alumacraft 1236 when I first got it.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

Brand new trolling motor. Minkota C2 30 pound thrust transom mounted. I got a large Road Runner Resolute deep cycle marine battery to power everything. I also picked up a battery box to protect the battery.
Attachments
The battery box fits snug right to the right of the transom brace nice and tight.
The battery box fits snug right to the right of the transom brace nice and tight.
image.jpg
I added a piece of hardboard to protect the transom and not scratch it. This will be painted to match the boat. In also going to paint the transom to cover the scratches.
I added a piece of hardboard to protect the transom and not scratch it. This will be painted to match the boat. In also going to paint the transom to cover the scratches.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

One thing I decided I needed was a Live-well so I could start to see what I could get for limits. I got a Super Saver Live-well system. It's practically a bilge pump connected to a tube that recirculates water. A nice thing is you can hold the new pump over the side once your on the water and and empty and fill cooler without having to life a full cooler into the boat. It also doubles as a emergency bilge pump. I run the wires under the seat and back into the battery box. The tube the system came with was to long so I bought some clear tubing and cut it to the right length.
Attachments
Finished product, sits nice as tight I between the ribs so it doesn't move.
Finished product, sits nice as tight I between the ribs so it doesn't move.
All of what is included
All of what is included
image.jpg
Basic cooler, probably upgrade to bigger size later.
Basic cooler, probably upgrade to bigger size later.

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

Bought a Cockpit Caddy, it has slots for pliers lures and a separate cup holder section. It comes with three auction cups that can be attached to the side or bottom. This will go by he driver. I also bought a suction cup cup holder for the passenger, it also has small slots for pliers, lures etc. these will be painted of green to match the boat.
Attachments
image.jpg

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

Here's the boat setup right now. I will keep updating as I add things. The trolling motor isn't on because the repainted transom is drying.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

LarryMc

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by LarryMc »

Lookin' good! Those are nice little boats. I used to have one with a 15HP Johnson. I didn't do a lot of mods on it other than installing seats and a 55 lb Minn Kota bow mount trolling motor. Made a nice fishing boat.
2011 Lowe Roughneck 1655CC - 2008 Mercury 2 Stroke 90/65 (Converted from prop 90)

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

Made a box to set the boat on tip of I the truck bed. Raises the boat above the wheel wells. I carpeted the corners so it wouldn't scratch. Would love a trailer, be a lot easier. But have to go through registration..etc
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

DrNip

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by DrNip »

Looking really good!

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

Bought a net and a small grey PVC tube. Zip tied the tube to the rib to make a net holder for easy access and to help it stay out of the way.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

I bought some Berkeley horizontal rod holders. They come with screws which I will use once the seats have plywood and carpet on them. For now I bought some industrial Velcro and attached them to the bench seats. This is awesome it keeps my rods out of the way and snug in place.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Maxamillion

Alumacraft 1236 Project

Post by Maxamillion »

Just got Attowood 3 gallon gas tank, fits good in back, slightly slanted but good.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by Maxamillion on 30 Apr 2014, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.