Alumacraft 1236 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxamillion

Reaction score
So I just picked up a Alumacraft 1236 jon boat from a guy who had bought it from a dealer, used it twice and then decided he wanted a 10 foot. The boat is I almost perfect condition beside the transom which is a little scratched up. I will be adding carpeted plywood floors, carpeted bench seat with padded seat and swivels. I'm going to kep this updated whenever I add something.

This is the Johnson Seahorse 6hp motor that my grandpa had laying around, it is in very good shape and runs great! Now I just have to go back and pick it up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 4,783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 4,783
Here are some pictures of the Alumacraft 1236 when I first got it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
Brand new trolling motor. Minkota C2 30 pound thrust transom mounted. I got a large Road Runner Resolute deep cycle marine battery to power everything. I also picked up a battery box to protect the battery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,780
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,780
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 4,780
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 4,780
One thing I decided I needed was a Live-well so I could start to see what I could get for limits. I got a Super Saver Live-well system. It's practically a bilge pump connected to a tube that recirculates water. A nice thing is you can hold the new pump over the side once your on the water and and empty and fill cooler without having to life a full cooler into the boat. It also doubles as a emergency bilge pump. I run the wires under the seat and back into the battery box. The tube the system came with was to long so I bought some clear tubing and cut it to the right length.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,775
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    751.2 KB · Views: 4,775
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,775
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,775
Bought a Cockpit Caddy, it has slots for pliers lures and a separate cup holder section. It comes with three auction cups that can be attached to the side or bottom. This will go by he driver. I also bought a suction cup cup holder for the passenger, it also has small slots for pliers, lures etc. these will be painted of green to match the boat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,774
Here's the boat setup right now. I will keep updating as I add things. The trolling motor isn't on because the repainted transom is drying.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,773
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,773
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 4,773
Lookin' good! Those are nice little boats. I used to have one with a 15HP Johnson. I didn't do a lot of mods on it other than installing seats and a 55 lb Minn Kota bow mount trolling motor. Made a nice fishing boat.

Made a box to set the boat on tip of I the truck bed. Raises the boat above the wheel wells. I carpeted the corners so it wouldn't scratch. Would love a trailer, be a lot easier. But have to go through registration..etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,668
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,668
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,668
Bought a net and a small grey PVC tube. Zip tied the tube to the rib to make a net holder for easy access and to help it stay out of the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,614
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,614
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,614
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,614
I bought some Berkeley horizontal rod holders. They come with screws which I will use once the seats have plywood and carpet on them. For now I bought some industrial Velcro and attached them to the bench seats. This is awesome it keeps my rods out of the way and snug in place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 4,613
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 4,613
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,613
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,613
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    743.5 KB · Views: 4,613
Just got Attowood 3 gallon gas tank, fits good in back, slightly slanted but good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,579
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,579
Got bungee cord and ran in to the handle under the casting deck. This is temporary until I get more storage in bench seats or casting deck. There will also be an anchor bungees up there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,166
Getting her in the water this weekend for wisconsin fishing opener! just got the registration numbers on perfect! Just got my boater saftey a few days ago( I'm 16) and fishing license!I'm ready to go fishing! Getting the johnson 6hp seahorse this Friday when I go to my grandmas, hope to have that on and running for opener this Saturday!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,152
Just added two attwood polymer cleats to the stern corner braces. Used stainless bolts, lock nuts and washers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,115

Latest posts