First time boat owner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishjunkie89

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site. Just landed a old duck hunting boat. 1432 have no clue of year or brand. Has no plate that I can find either. A few questions though
1. How can I get this thing registered?
2. Is putting wood floors in bottom good enough to bass fish out of?
3. How good would a 9.9hp push a narrow boat like this?

Attachments

• IMG_20140719_153423745.jpg
    IMG_20140719_153423745.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 369
  • IMG_20140719_155759936.jpg
    IMG_20140719_155759936.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 369
I'm in the same boat as you as far as getting it registered. I just purchased one without a vin or serial or anything. Mine has the numbers on the side where it was registered years ago. I'm hoping they can use that to help figure out the serial number. I'm calling Monday to find out if it will work or what I can do to get mine registered. I will let you know as soon as I find out

-bruce

What I'm finding out with my situation is that I had to start the registration process, then (for my area here) on July 26th, I have to go have a Hull Inspection, so that they can assign an HIN (Hull Identification Number). During that inspection is when they dig in and try to find out all they can about past registrations, if any). What I'm up against is that all I have are the Bill of Sale, and a 5 digit number stamped on the upper right inside (Starboard) part of the transom.
My guess is that you will have to follow a similar procedure to get it registered.
It seems to be somewhat time consuming but at least I'll be legal.
Good luck, guys.

Looks like my Duracraft. 14.5 ft long 32" bottom mod v, 1967 model. Mine has a capacity/ID plate on the inside of the right bow, and has the HIN and production date stamped on the outside of the front end. Try stripping the paint off the bow and look for numbers stamped in the hull. I'm getting really close to finishing up my build and I'll post a thread in the modification section in a few weeks. I'm waiting till I get it done and can do a complete post about it.

Latest posts